No bake triple layer chocolate cream pie is a must make for your Holiday table! Three layers of creamy chocolate pudding inside a chocolate cookie crust. No bake, 4 ingredients, and some fridge time is all you need for the best chocolate cream pie dessert.
Originally published in Dec 2017. Updated & republished October 2018. Original recipe and post below.
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
I am so excited for Christmas! I still can’t believe that it’s only days away. Every year, I think that I am doing really well but then once I sit down and write out what gifts I have, and write down all the people we need gifts for, I quickly realize that I am not doing as well as I though, haha 🙂
Ironically, at the top of my ‘I-have-no-idea-of-what-present-to-buy-them’ list is my own husband! Anyone have ideas. I am kind of desperate…. to top off our Christmas week, we now have that 24 hour stomach virus going around. Ugh! Of all the weeks, right?! It just had to be Christmas.
I had big plans to share some Holiday dinner recipes before Christmas BUT that obviously did not work out. I did however manage to make and share this crazy good, and even crazy easier triple layer chocolate cream pie.
Do you have a big Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas Day dinner? We have always done a Christmas Eve dinner. It’s like Thanksgiving all over again which is totally fine with me. Christmas Day is for pj’s all day, playing, and eating these overnight caramel pecan cinnamon rolls —> a Christmas morning tradition that you must try!
4 ingredients + a couple of hours in the fridge is all you need for this no bake dessert recipe. Use a prepared chocolate cookie crust, combine chocolate pudding and milk, spread some into the pie crust and add some Cool Whip for the 2nd layer.
The top layer is just additional Cool Whip and chocolate shavings.
The chocolate shavings are so easy too! Grab yourself a Hershey chocolate bar and a vegetable peeler. Use the peel to peel down the long side of the chocolate bar, which will create chocolate curls. Let it fall on top of the pie for a pretty look.
Be sure and decorate the pie with the chocolate curls just before serving or garnish each slice with some. You can also use some freshly whipped cream instead of the tub of Cool Whip. Directions for that are in the recipe below. Enjoy friends!
No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 store-bought chocolate cookie crumb crust (like Oreo crust or chocolate graham cracker crust)
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups half & half cream
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine dry pudding mixes and half & half in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until thick and combined. About 1-2 minutes.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate pudding into the bottom of the chocolate cookie crust.
- To the remaining chocolate pudding, add half of the tub of Cool Whip. Stir until combined and lighter in color. Spread on top of the chocolate pudding layer in the crust.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the pie and cover with the enclosed lid.
- Let refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or for best results refrigerate overnight, to allow the flavor to come together and the pie to thicken up.
- When ready to serve, garnish the top of the pie with chocolate curls (Hershey bar + a vegetable peeler) or garnish with Hershey chocolate bar squares.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST