Easy Mexican Rice uses simple ingredients like canned chicken broth, prepared salsa, and there is no chopping needed! Fluffy, flavorful Mexican rice that is so easy to make in one pot and makes for the perfect side dish for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or casseroles.
EASY MEXICAN RICE RECIPE
I absolutely love this easy Mexican rice! No chopping needed and all the ingredients get thrown into one pot at the same time. Perfectly fluffy and flavorful rice that is so easy to make.
The "secret ingredient" in this that makes it no chopping is the salsa! It's also very adaptable to what you prefer. Do you like some heat? Use a hot salsa. Or try using a pineapple mango salsa for a fun flavor change.
HOW TO MAKE EASY MEXICAN RICE WITH SALSA
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth - You need one entire can (14.75 oz) of chicken broth for this recipe.
Long Grain White Rice
Salsa - Use any kind you want. I always opt for a mild salsa that I get fresh from the produce area of the grocery store. I've also used the jarred salsa with great results too.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MEXICAN RICE
- My daughter loves to use leftovers + shredded cheese to make a cheesy rice enchilada.
- Use the rice as topping to nachos or inside burritos.
- You can also use any leftover rice in any recipe that calls for Mexican rice like these cheesy beef & rice enchiladas.
- My family loves these baked creamy chicken taquitos with rice as a side dish.
- I tend to prefer no meat dishes so one of my favorite things is to eat this rice topped with this fiesta avocado salad. Eat with tortilla chips or a spoon.
Easy Mexican Rice
- 1 can (14.75 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice (uncooked, dry)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use salted)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to help the butter melt.
- Once boiling, cover with lid, and reduce heat to low. Let cook for 25 minutes. * It's important to not open the lid for any reason during the cook time and the resting time.
- Remove from heat and let rice stand, with lid on, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.