These sweet n’ salty rocky road bars have a crumbly pretzel crust, topped with condensed milk, and then layered with mini marshmallows, pecans and chocolate! They are the best sweet and salty dessert.
I have a confession to make….. I have not made dinner all week! And it’s Friday. We have gone out once, eaten frozen corn dogs and pizza from the freezer, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. It’s been a bad week for me. The funny thing is, I have my menu plan all ready and all the groceries bought, and I still can’t seem to get it together.
I may have not made dinner all week but I did make dessert 🙂
I first made these for my son’s 2nd birthday party. It feels like yesterday, but it was actually 3 1/2 years ago. I still remember making these bars and using a “2” cookie cutter to cut them. They are sweet n’ salty, which to me, is one of THE BEST combinations.
Out of all the desserts on the blog these rocky road pretzel bars are the one dessert that I crave.
You have the salty crust made out of crushed pretzels topped with a can of sweetened condensed milk, gooey marshmallows, pecans, and sweet milk chocolate chips.
They are seriously perfection. And, so easy to make too. Make sure you let the bars cool completely before trying to cut and eat. As they cool they will set up and be easy to cut.
- 1 3/4 cup finely crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups (or 10 oz pkg) Hershey's Mini Kisses baking chips, or use chocolate chips
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pretzels crumbs and melted butter. Stir together. Press evenly onto bottom of baking dish.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crust. Layer evenly with milk chocolate chips, marshmallows, and pecans (in that order). Press down gently.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
I find the Hershey's brand mini kisses in the baking aisle. They are chocolate chips that are shaped like the Hershey Kiss. I usually always find them at Target. If you can't find them, regular chocolate chips will work just fine or you could also use chopped up Hershey Kisses. Just make sure whatever you use, it comes to 1 3/4 cup.