This pumpkin dessert only takes minutes to prepare. A creamy pumpkin pie layer with a sweet & spiced crumble topping. Don’t let Fall pass without making this.
This is my last pumpkin recipe. Promise. I’m always a little sad to see pumpkin season pass. Although, I’ll admit that I always keep cans of pumpkin on hand. You just never know when that pumpkin bread craving will hit 🙂
This pumpkin pie pecan cobbler is really easy to prepare and full of pumpkin and spice flavor.
It starts with a cake mix. I’ll admit that I am not the biggest fan of cake mixes. Ironically though, I just used one to make my daughter’s birthday cake. I always substitute whole milk for the water called for when I used a boxed mix and it makes a huge difference.
Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or freshly whipped cream) on top and it is seriously heaven in a bite. The creamy pumpkin pie paired with the crunchy, spice, and sweet of the cobbler topping is really delicious.
This dessert is sweet. I mean, it is a dessert after all 😉 As you are pouring the cake mix on top it may seem like it is way too much. Believe me, I thought the same thing. But if you want that thick cobbler type topping you need all the cake mix. If you choose to add less the cobbler topping will not be as thick.
Traditionally this dessert is made with a yellow cake mix but I love the pumpkin + spice combination so I had to use that. You could use a yellow cake mix if that is what you prefer.
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box (15.25 oz) spice cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix powder (do not prepare!) evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the pecans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and the center will be mostly set. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes (if wanted) before eating. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Hope your day is wonderful. Thanks for stopping by 🙂 You all are the best!
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥
Things I used for this recipe: