PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE
Dump cakes are one of the easiest desserts to make! Just like the name, they are normally recipes that you can just dump into one pan and bake.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR EASY PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE RECIPE
- French Vanilla Cake Mix - You can really use any kind of cake mix you want (white, yellow, or vanilla) but I have found that the french vanilla one tastes the best.
- Salted Butter - You want the salted butter to help cut the sweetness from everything else.
- Canned Sliced Peaches
- Ground Cinnamon
I know lots of people don't like dump cakes because they result in some dry cake mix spots.
I have found that if you cut the butter into thin enough slices to cover the entire top of the cake mix, the butter is able to melt into the entire surface of the cake mix which will result in no dry spots!
If there are some dry cake mix spots when you pull it out of the oven use a spoon to mix the dry cake mix into the butter around it.
TIPS FOR MAKING PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE
I think it's best to use the lite or no sugar added canned peaches. You dump the entire can of peaches (syrup and all) and I find that the extra sugar in the heavy syrup is almost too sweet. But yes, you can use any sliced peaches you want or whatever you can find in the store with great results.
Be sure and cut the butter into very thin slices so you are able to cover the entire surface of the cake mix with the butter slices.
Add some walnuts or pecans for a salty crunch. Simply sprinkle them on top of the cake mix with the ground cinnamon.
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) canned sliced peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box (15.25 oz) french vanilla cake mix (DO NOT prepare)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump both cans of canned peaches into the baking dish. DO NOT drain, just dump them in. Spread out to make sure there are peaches covering the dish evenly. Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the peaches.
- Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over the peaches. Gently press it down into the peaches forming a nice even layer of cake mix.
- Cut the stick of butter into several very thin slices. You want enough to make sure the top of the cake is covered with thin slices of butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.