Avocado Dip

Calling all avocado lovers! This avocado dip is packed full with 6 whole avocados, corn, black beans, red onion and then drizzled with easy & convenient canned salsa verde. So much flavor with little effort.

I hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July celebrations! We’re still visiting family so we had lots of fun with cousins and of course there was plenty of food to be eaten!

One of the things I made was this Avocado Dip. It comes together in minutes so it’s perfect to make for a BBQ, picnic, or get together and it can be made ahead of time. Luckily, the canned salsa verde has lots of acidity from the lime and green tomatillos so it keeps the avocados from turning brown.

AVOCADO DIP | www.togetherasfamily.com

Serve up with some tortilla chips and watch it disappear. I couldn’t help but sneak several bites of this after I made it. It was so good. Plus, you have to taste test, right 🙂

AVOCADO DIP | www.togetherasfamily.com

NOTE:: I can either find canned salsa verde in a 24 oz jar or a small 7 oz can. The recipe calls for 1 cup (which is 8 oz) but I always just use the cheaper, 7 oz can and call it good. I’m a cheap-o with my grocery budget and don’t like spending the extra few dollars to get the remaining 1 oz.

You can find the canned salsa verde by the salsas or by the Mexican/International food area. It’s pretty common so it should be really easy to find.

Avocado Dip is loaded with avocados and it's the perfect appetizer for a party or for gameday food! www.togetherasfamily.com

I hope you enjoy this one! It’s one of the most popular recipes on the blog so if you make it, let me know what you think.

Avocado Dip

Avocado dip is loaded with 6 avocados, corn, beans, red onion, and then drizzled with easy canned salsa verde. This is the best dip ever and so easy to make!

Save RecipeSave Recipe

Ingredients

• 6 avocados, chunked small
  • 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1 cup salsa verde

Instructions

1. Combine avocados, corn, black beans, and red onion in mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
  2. Add in the salsa verde and gently stir together.
  3. Serve right away or let chill in the fridge.
7.6.2

Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST

Avocado dip is loaded with avocados, corn, beans, red onion and drizzled with easy canned salsa verde. This is the best dip ever and so easy to make.

Thanks for stopping by friends! Enjoy your day and I’ll see you back here on Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Jennine says

I am not a fan of salsa verde, to put it nicely, any suggestions of what to use in lieu of it?? It looks AMAZING! ?
    • Together As Family says

Hi Jennine! It really is so good. You could try using a salsa you like in place of the salsa verde. Not sure how it would taste or turn out because I have only ever made it with the salsa verde. If it helps at all, the salsa verde is not spicy at all in this recipe. The creamy avocado balances it out really nicely. If it's spice you're worried about then you could always leave out the red onion. Hopefully that helps and let me know if you use another salsa! I'd love to know how it turns out.
  2. Jennine says

How about green onions? Has anyone experimented with this... I have green onions on hand but not red ones, was just wondering what the ratio would be or how many green onions to add. Thanks!!
    • Together As Family says

I think green onions would be a great substitution! I've never used the in this avocado dip but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You would still get that onion flavor from them.
    • Together As Family says

Hi Jackie. I have only used the Herdez brand of salsa verde. It's the only one I can ever find at my grocery store. I hope that helps you and that you can find it at your store :)
    • Together As Family says

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by. Yes adding jalapenos would be a great addition to this. It's by far my most requested and favorite dip ever. Enjoy!
    • Together As Family says

They actually don't! I was surprised when I first made it cause I thought for sure it would turn brown. If you left it in the fridge for days and days then yes eventually it would turn brown. The salsa verde has nice acidity to it which keeps the avocados green. If you're worried you could always add some fresh lime juice as that will also help hold the color of the avocados. I hope that helps :)
    • Together As Family says

Yes! That is exactly what I use. The jarred salsa verde. Mine actually comes in a small can but it's the same thing. I have also bought it in a jar (like a salsa jar) before. It just depends on what store I am shopping at. I hope you love this. Whenever I go to Sam's Club I buy the bulk bag of avocados just so I can make this dip :)
    • Together As Family says

I am not sure. I have only ever used Salsa Verde. I know it would work but just not sure how it would taste?? I have this game day dip recipe on the blog that uses Italian dressing. It's really good and also has avocado in it http://togetherasfamily.com/2017/01/game-day-dip/
  3. Jennifer says

Yum! This looks amazing! I'm planning on making this dip for a work pot luck on Friday - I'm curious about how many people will this recipe serve? Trying to figure out if I need to double it (my office has about 10 people)
    • Together As Family says

It is so good! This makes quite a bit of dip and I am sure it would be plenty for 10 people. I am assuming with it being a potluck that there will be other food, so this recipe will plenty for the 10 people. I hope you all love it and enjoy your potluck! I love potlucks :) I'll add that the most recent time I made this, I made it for my entire family (siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, parents, grandparents, etc.) and it was plenty for all of us. There were lots of people and it was a potluck situation as well.