EASY SESAME CHICKEN RECIPE
This slow cooker sesame chicken recipe is so easy to make thanks to only 4 ingredients! No chopping needed. No extra dirty dishes. And about 2 minutes of prep is all you need for this delicious Asian Sesame Chicken.
Asian Sesame Salad Dressing
This is a bottled salad dressing that you find at the grocery store. I always use the Kraft Brand but there are so many to choose from. Be sure and get a dressing that is an Asian sesame flavor. Any brand will work just fine. You can also get the lite or regular.
You can find apricot preserves by the jam and jelly. This gives a great flavor and sweetness to the sauce so don't skip it! If you can't seem to find the apricot, you could possibly try the orange marmalade or other citrus type preserve. And if you're worried about sugar then look for a low sugar or no sugar version of it at the store.
Onion Soup Mix Seasoning Packet
Just one packet is all you need. Each box usually comes with two packets inside, just use one of them. If you'd rather use homemade then try this fabulous recipe for homemade onion soup mix.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
I always use fresh but frozen will work just fine too! Be sure and keep the chicken whole, or cut in half if they are larger, so that they don't dry out during the cook time.
When it's time to serve you can serve the whole (or halved) pieces on top of rice OR you can shred the chicken and put it back in with the sauce in the crock pot, and then serve it that way over rice.
TRY THESE OTHER ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES
- crispy honey chicken
- slow cooker mongolian chicken
- chinese cashew chicken skillet
- baked orange chicken
- 20 minute teriyaki chicken
- easy skillet cashew chicken
Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- 1 cup asian sesame seed salad dressing (I use the Kraft brand)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 packet (1 oz) onion soup mix
- chopped green onions & sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Lay chicken in bottom of slow cooker. If the chicken breasts are really large then cut them in half. I usually cut them in half anyways to make it easier at serving time.
- Mix together the Asian sesame salad dressing, apricot preserves, and onion soup mix packet. Stir together with a fork and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice (brown or white), quinoa, noodles, or cauliflower rice. Drizzle with sauce from the slow cooker and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.