Snickerdoodle pumpkin muffins are only 4 ingredients! No egg, oil or butter. These pumpkin muffins are moist, super soft, loaded with pumpkin flavor, and topped with cinnamon & sugar snickerdoodle topping. A doctored up cinnamon crumb cake mix, a can of pumpkin, milk, and pumpkin pie spice is all you need.
Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Muffins
I’ve made so many different pumpkin muffin recipes and I will be totally honest and say that these snickerdoodle pumpkin muffins are THE. BEST! Sorry for all the shouting. I get really excited when referencing a 4 ingredient recipe that tastes like it took hours to make.
I love that these muffins have NO egg, NO butter, and NO oil! It uses an entire can of pumpkin which helps keeps these muffins so moist. No need for the egg or oil. The pumpkin does all the work 🙂
You will find the crumb cake and muffin mix in the baking aisle by the other boxed cake mixes. It comes with a bag of cinnamon & sugar crumble inside of it. You will add some to the muffin mixture and then reserve the rest for the top of the muffins.
Biting into the muffin tastes like a pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie! The moist, soft pumpkin muffin plus the crunchy and sweet cinnamon-sugar topping.
These come out so soft, and moist, and bake up so puffy and beautiful. I will say that the texture is not so much a light, airy muffin but more of a moist, dense cake with an insanely delicious cinnamon crumble.
The crunch cinnamon/sugar coating takes these muffins to an even greater level of deliciousness. Use as much of it or as little as you like.
When you fill the muffin cups they will be nearly full. These don’t overflow but peak really nicely while baking. If you do one thing this week or next, or even the week after…. make these muffins!
They have the perfect texture, a sweet cinnamon crunch, and they taste like Fall. Plus you really can’t go wrong with only 4 ingredients.
How to make Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Muffins
In a bowl, add the muffin & crumb mix, some of the cinnamon crumb (which comes inside the box), can of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and some milk. Mix it all together until there are no clumps. It won’t be completely smooth but should be combined.
Remember that you want just the dry muffin and crumb cake mix. DO NOT prepare according to box instructions!
Fill each muffin cup nearly full with batter. Evenly divide the remaining cinnamon crumb mixture (that came inside the cake mix box) and sprinkle on the top of each muffin.
Bake and serve warm. Or serve at room temperature. Either way is yummy.
Try these other pumpkin muffin recipes
- Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Cream Cheese Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Pumpkin Donut Glazed Muffins
Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 box (21 oz) Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix (DO NOT prepare, just the dry mix)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl combine the dry cake mix and pumpkin pie spice, stir with a wire whisk. Add the can of pumpkin, milk, and 1/4 cup of the cinnamon crumb mix (included in cake mix box). Mix together.
- Fill each cupcake liner almost full with batter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon crumb mixture over the top and lightly press down so the crumbs adhere to the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
- Cool in the cupcake pan for about 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Or enjoy one warm.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST