PEACH BLUEBERRY CRISP
This peach blueberry crisp topped with vanilla bean ice cream is one of my favorite desserts to make when peaches are in season.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY PEACH CRISP RECIPE
Cornstarch - This helps to thicken the fruit juices that the fruit produces when mixed with the sugar.
Melted Butter - Recipe calls for and has been tested with salted butter. It helps balance out all the sweetness from the sugar and fresh fruit.
HOW TO PEEL PEACHES THE EASY WAY
- Place a pot of water over high heat on the stove. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, gently place the peaches into the boiling water and set the time for 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to take them out of the water and onto a towel to dry and cool.
- After a few minutes the peaches will be cool enough to handle and the skin will just peel right off.
- Take the pit out of each peach and slice or chunk them for this crisp recipe.
MY TIPS FOR THIS CRISP RECIPE
- The salted butter really helps balance out the sweetness of this crisp. If you use unsalted you may want to add some salt in with the flour mixture for the crisp topping.
- If you don't like blueberries then just simply leave them out. You could even add an additional peach if wanted.
- This is so much better served with ice cream so please don't forget to buy some ice cream for this peach blueberry crisp.
- I know I will get asked this so I will answer it here. I do not know if you can use frozen fruit. It gives off much more moisture while baking cause it's thawing at the same time. I have only ever made this recipe with fresh fruit and that's how I will always make it.
TRY THESE OTHER PEACH & BLUEBERRY RECIPES
- peach cobbler dump cake
- blueberry delight
- lemon blueberry banana bread
- blueberry streusel coffee cake
- peaches n' cream cinnamon roll casserole
- peaches & cream poke cake
- homemade blueberry muffins
Peach Blueberry Crisp
- 5 peaches peeled and sliced/chunked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries washed and dried
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°. Prepare a 8x8-inch baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add peaches, blueberries, granulated sugar, and cornstarch into a mixing bowl. Use a spoon and stir it all together until the fruit is coated evenly in the sugar/cornstarch. Dump into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl combine all the crisp topping ingredients and stir together until moist, large crumbles form. I use a fork to stir it. Sprinkle the crisp evenly over top the fruit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Crisp topping will be browned and fruit filling should be bubbly up on the sides. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!