This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Brazilian Lemonade is a 4 ingredient lemonade made with fresh limes, water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. It’s so creamy, tart, sweet, and super refreshing. You’ll be hooked after the first drink of this delicious twist to classic lemonade.
Homemade Brazilian Lemonade Recipe
Although this is called lemonade, it’s actually made with whole limes! It’s essentially a limeade but I am not one to mess with a good thing so we’re sticking with the traditional name – Brazilian Lemonade. I don’t claim that it’s totally authentic but I do claim that it will be the most refreshingly creamy sweet & tart drink you’ll ever drink.
It’s so unique in that the limes get blended up whole in the blender. You will then strain it so you end up with that bright citrusy lime juice but none of the skin or pulp. The best ingredient by far is the sweetened condensed milk – anything that calls for that stuff is a guaranteed win in my world!
Why You’ll Love It!
- Simple Ingredients – With only 4 ingredients this drink recipe is so simple to make.
- Customize The Sweetness – The sweet level can easily be customized by how much sweetened condensed milk you add. We love the recipe as is, but you can always add more or less depending on your preference.
- Unique Drink – This Brazilian lemonade is such a unique drink that will have everyone talking. Serve it over ice for the best and most refreshing summer drink.
- Limes – You’ll need 5 whole limes for this recipe.
- Cold Water – For the best taste make sure you are using filtered or purified water.
- Granulated Sugar
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – You won’t use the entire can so either save the remaining for another batch of this lemonade, or double or triple the recipe.
- Ice For Serving – The drink is best served poured over ice!
How To Make Brazilian Lemonade
- In a blender, add the lime wedges, cold water, sugar, and blend until smooth.
- Over a large bowl, pour the blender mixture through a fine mesh strainer, making sure to catch all the juice below in the bowl. Discard the lime pulp from the strainer.
- Rinse out the blender and add the strained lime juice (from the bowl) back into the blender along with the sweetened condensed milk. Blend on low speed until mixed and frothy.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour the Brazilian Lemonade over top. Enjoy!
FAQ’s + Expert Tips
- What Is Brazilian Lemonade? : Brazilian lemonade is a refreshing, citrusy beverage made with limes (not lemons), sugar, water, and ice. It’s a popular drink in Brazil and is known for it’s sweet and tangy flavor.
- How Is Brazilian Lemonade Different From Regular Lemonade? : Brazilian Lemonade is made with limes instead of lemons, which gives it a unique flavor profile. It’s also typically sweeter than classic lemonade due to the sugar combined with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Is Brazilian Lemonade Alcoholic? : No, traditionally it does not contain any alcohol. However, you could certainly experiment with adding some if you wish.
- Can I Make It Ahead of Time? : This drink is best served fresh as it does separate and lose its slushy creamy consistency if made too far in advance. I recommend making it just prior to serving it for the best taste and texture.
- Can I Make It Sweeter? : Yes you can! If you prefer it sweeter & creamier, add additional sweetened condensed milk as needed. The recipe only calls for 1/4 cup from the can, so there is plenty leftover to add.
A fine mesh stainer is essential for making Brazilian Lemonade to separate the sweet lime juice from the pulp and other parts of the lime once it’s blended. I love this OXO Fine Mesh Strainer Set.
- 6 cups cold water
- 5 limes (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (or more to taste)
- ice for serving
- Into a blender, add the cold water, lime wedges, and granulated sugar. Blend until smooth and the lime wedges are blended.6 cups cold water, 5 limes, 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the blender contents into the strainer, making sure to catch the liquid below in the bowl.Discard the lime pulp and pieces that are left in the strainer.
- Rinse out the blender. Pour the strained lime juice mixture (from the bowl) back into the blender. Add the sweetened condensed milk.1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Blend again until smooth and it's frothy.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour the Brazilian lemonade over top. Garnish with slices of fresh lime.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I’d love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.