This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Homemade Strawberry Limeade is a refreshing drink made with a simple fresh strawberry syrup, fresh lime juice, cold water, sliced limes and strawberries. This limeade with strawberries is a refreshing for summertime.
Be sure also try my Party Punch as well! It tastes like homemade fruit punch.
Strawberry Limeade Recipe
In the mood for a tart, tangy, and sweet summer drink? This strawberry limeade is the perfect quick & easy summertime drink that is perfect for all ages because there is no alcohol in it! I am always looking for delicious drink recipes like this one that I can serve to the whole group.
Be sure and give this limeade a try! It’s so refreshing and simple to make. I love the bright and tart flavor of the fresh lime juice paired with the sweet strawberry syrup. This drink is best served ice cold, so be sure to chill it before serving, and then serve it over ice.
Here is the short list of ingredients that you’ll need to make this homemade limeade recipe with strawberries.
- Strawberry Syrup : I use the Torani brand of flavored strawberry syrup in this recipe. It’s the same thing as what you would use in an Italian soda or in a flavored soda drink. You can also make your own strawberry syrup, or combine chopped strawberries and sugar and letting it marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Use a strainer to catch all the strawberry juice. Be sure and put a bowl under the strainer so you don’t lose all the sweetened strawberry syrup.
- Fresh Lime Juice : Use a citrus juicer (this makes it so much easier) to measure out the freshly squeezed lime juice needed for this drink.
- Cold Water : Make sure the water is cold when you add it into the pitcher. To make it sparkling, try adding Sprite or 7-up (the Zero Sugar versions work great if wanted). You can also use club soda or sparkling water.
- Sliced Limes & Halved Strawberries : These are for serving. I like to pour some limeade over ice and then put a lime slice and strawberries into each cup.
How To Make Homemade Strawberry Limeade with Fresh Lime Juice
This limeade drink with strawberry is so easy to make! Be sure and read to the bottom of this post where there is a recipe card with a handy print button, and with all the detailed instructions and ingredients.
- Strawberry + Lime : Whisk together the strawberry syrup and fresh lime juice. Do this inside a glass pitcher or whatever you are serving the drink in.
- Water : Add the water and whisk until it’s well combined.
- Chill : For best results, let the limeade chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serving : Pour some strawberry limeade over ice, inside a glass cup, and garnish with fresh lime slices and halved strawberries. I also like to add a colorful paper straw!
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my helpful tips for this drink recipe!
- Strawberry Syrup : There are two ways you can do this. Buy strawberry flavoring syrup, like Torani brand, or you can make your own by combining chopped strawberries + sugar, letting them marinate and then straining it. I prefer to just use the Torani syrup, which is the same type of syrup that is used in Italian sodas and flavored soda drinks.
- Use Fresh Lime Juice : This drink will not taste as good with bottled lime juice. For best taste, use freshly squeezed lime juice. To get the most juice out of each lime, put it under your palm and gently press (as you’re rolling it) on the countertop.
- Garnishes : Be sure and buy some fresh strawberries and extra limes for garnish. It really makes the drink look so pretty! I also love to buy decorative paper straws as well.
- Sparkling Strawberry Limeade : Use Sprite or 7-up in place of the water. If you don’t want the extra sugar be sure and use the Zero Sugar versions of the soda, or use club soda or sparkling water instead.
Strawberry Limeade Drink FAQ’s
- How To Store Leftover Punch
- After making the punch, it should be stored in the fridge (in a pitcher with a lid), and used within 5-7 days.
- If you are storing leftover punch that has fresh sliced fruit in it, like limes and strawberries, it won’t last as long. The flavor will be intensified (which is yummy!) but it needs to be used within 3 days if there are fruit garnishes inside the strawberry limeade.
- Can I Make This Sparkling?
- To make this a sparkling limeade, use 7-Up or Sprite instead of water. You can use Zero Sugar versions for reduced sugar or use club soda instead. You will get that bubbly, sparkling drink but without all the extra sugar.
- Can I Prepare This Ahead of Time?
- Yes you can! I actually prefer this drink after it has chilled for at least 1 hour. I will make it about 3-4 hours ahead of time, let it chill in the fridge, and then pour it over ice inside a glass cup and add the fresh fruit garnishes.
- Do not chill the limeade with the ice and fresh fruit garnishes in it.
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Cranberry Cider Sparkling Punch
- Red, White & Blue Layered Drink
- Raspberry Sherbet Punch
- Peach Lemonade
- Easy Ocean Water Punch
- 2/3 cup strawberry syrup *see notes
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 cups cold water
- sliced or halved strawberries
- sliced limes
- ice cubes
- In a glass pitcher, whisk together the strawberry syrup and fresh lime juice.
- Gradually add in the cold water, while whisking, until mixed together.* To make a sparkling strawberry limeade, use Sprite or 7-up instead. Zero sugar works also. If you don't want to use soda, try using club soda or sparkling water instead.
- Chill the strawberry limeade in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving for best results. * I think the drink tastes best if it has had time to refrigerate before serving it over ice. You can serve it immediately over some ice in a cup if wanted. This drink can be made 1-4 hours ahead of time and chill in the fridge until serving.
- Pour the strawberry limeade over some ice inside a glass cup. Garnish with halved strawberries and fresh lime slices.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.