Caramel Chocolate Turtle Dump Cake is an easy, 6 ingredient dessert recipe that mixes in one bowl and then bakes in one pan. Caramel, dark chocolate, chocolate cake mix, and pecans make this turtle dessert amazing.
CARAMEL CHOCOLATE TURTLE DUMP CAKE
Dump cakes are an easy dessert that usually involves mixing up a few ingredients, dumping them into a baking dish, and baking! This caramel chocolate turtle dump cake combines chocolate, caramel, dark chocolate, and pecans in a simple dump cake recipe.
You must top it with some vanilla ice cream! The creamy, cold ice cream with the soft pudding like warm cake is delicious.
A "turtle dessert" is a combination of chocolate, caramel, and nuts. This turtle dump cake has some dark chocolate in it which really helps with all the sweetness. It's the perfect combination of flavors.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR TURTLE DUMP CAKE
All you need are six simple ingredients for this dump cake recipe. Mix it all together in one bowl and dump into a baking dish. Don't forget to serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce or syrup. So good!
Chocolate Pudding - Do not prepare this according to package directions. You will only use the dry pudding mix inside the box.
Chocolate Cake Mix - You can use a chocolate cake mix, milk chocolate cake mix, Devil's Food cake mix, or a chocolate fudge cake mix. I prefer the regular chocolate cake mix.
Dark Chocolate Chips - I am not a fan of dark chocolate but it's necessary in this dump cake recipe. You want the bitter chocolate to help with all the sweetness. If wanted, you could use semi-sweet in place of the dark chocolate chips.
Caramel Sauce - You can melt some caramel square candy or use some ice cream caramel syrup topping.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING CARAMEL CHOCOLATE TURTLE DUMP CAKE
- I use a regular chocolate cake mix for this recipe. I have tried using a chocolate fudge cake mix before and although it made the cake more moist, and less cake-like, it was a lot of rich chocolate fudge flavor.
- Don't be scared of the dark chocolate. I don't even like dark chocolate and I could not imagine this dessert without it. If you want to switch it out, then the next best choice would be semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- For best taste serve this dump cake warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream on top of each serving.
How do I store leftovers?
- This cake is best served when it's warm. However, if you have leftovers, cover the pan tightly and let it sit at room temperature. When you want some just heat up the individual portion in the microwave.
YOU WILL LOVE THESE OTHER ONE PAN DESSERT RECIPES
Berry Crisp Dump Cake - Frozen mixed berries and a cake mix are the main ingredients for this recipe. Juicy red berries topped with a pecan cake mix crumble topping. Serve with ice cream.
Easy Peach Cobbler Dump Cake - Canned peaches (plus the juice from the can!) make this a deliciously simple peach cobbler. Topped with butter, cinnamon, and a french vanilla cake mix.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars - If you love caramel apples then you must make this! Caramel syrup drizzled over a oat crumble topping, a cheesecake filling, and cinnamon & sugar apples.
Caramel Chocolate Turtle Dump Cake
- 1 box (3.4 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix can also use chocolate fudge
- ½ cup caramel sauce or syrup
- 1 bag (10 oz) dark chocolate chips divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the instant chocolate pudding mix (the dry powder from the box) and the whole milk. Stir with a whisk until pudding dissolved and it's thicker. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the dry cake mix (DO NOT prepare the cake mix before, just add the dry cake mix), caramel sauce, and 1 cup of the dark chocolate chips. Stir together until combined.
- Evenly spread into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top and then the remaining dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. * Use a toothpick to check for doneness. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with some moist crumbs. The sides of the cake will be puffy and slightly pulled away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve the cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup drizzle.