I have to say that I am really excited to share this recipe today. This is something that I have made several times and it is so yummy! My kids love having a sweet treat, especially my little girl who could eat chocolate every second of the day. They are always asking to make brownies or cookies, but I don’t like to have 4 dozen cookies or an entire pan of brownies just sitting there in the kitchen staring at me, begging me to come eat them. This recipe has been awesome because when my little girl NEEDS some chocolate and peanut butter (which, by the way she eats peanut butter with a spoon out of the jar. All. The. Time!!) then I just make this single-serve mug of brownie and that’s it, no more pans of brownies lying around. I will say, I have made this for myself a few times too. Try it when that craving hits. It’s so good!
I found this recipe at Crazy for Crust. She has the most amazing desserts, I want to make every single one!
I will also say that you don’t even have to add the peanut butter. I’ve never tried it, but if you want to cut some calories just don’t add it. And, you can use any type of spread instead of the peanut butter; nutella, biscoff, white chocolate peanut butter, etc.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips, or any type
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Place butter in a coffee mug and melt in microwave for 20 seconds
- Stir in brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and baking powder
- Stir in egg yolk, cocoa, and flour
- Stir in chocolate chips & put peanut butter in the center
- Cook in microwave for 30 seconds, let cool for a couple of minutes
Linked up at Mandy’s Recipe Box’s “Totally Talented Tuesdays”