Coconut cream fruit dip is loaded with creamy coconut flavor and it’s only 4 ingredients! It’s so light and is the perfect summer fruit dip. Serve it with your favorite fresh fruit.
post updated April 2017
This fruit dip is insanely good. Like, so good, I am not even sure what to say about it…. It reminds me of summertime. If you could bottle up summer and put it in a bowl, this coconut cream fruit dip would be it.
And can you believe that it’s only 4 ingredients! The original recipe calls for cool whip, which you could use that instead, but trust me the fresh whipped cream is 10x better than cool whip. There are few things better than freshly whipped cream.
Heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and some cream of coconut.
Please don’t confuse cream of coconut for coconut milk. They’re different! Coconut milk is what you will find in the Asian aisle. It’s used for things like curries, soups, etc. You want CREAM OF COCONUT which is found by the mixer drinks (it’s non-alcoholic) and other juices. It will come in a can or a squeeze bottle like what’s pictured above.
Use a hand blender or stand mixer to whip the cream + powdered sugar and then add it to the cream cheese and cream of coconut mixture. It’s so creamy, smooth, and fresh tasting. It tastes like you’re drinking coconut milk but in a thick & creamy dip form.
One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh fruit that is available. Cut up your favorite fruit and serve it alongside this coconut cream fruit dip. We like this best served with kiwi, grapes, strawberries, and fresh pineapple.
It’s also the perfect fruit dip to take to a potluck, picnic, party, BBQ, or get together because it makes a ton! But trust me, you’ll want tons of this dip after you try it once.
You can either serve it right away or let it sit in the fridge for several hours. It get’s thicker and fluffier as it sits in the fridge, and it gets really cold! I love it after it has sat in the fridge for a few hours. But, it’s also really good served right away too. So if you have the time make this fruit dip in the morning and then leave it in the fridge all day. Or, make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight to get nice and cold.
Promise me you’ll make it this summer 🙂 It’s also sweet enough you could count it as a light, summer dessert. Enjoy!
Coconut cream fruit dip is loaded with creamy coconut flavor and it's only 4 ingredients! It's so light and is the perfect summer fruit dip. Serve it with your favorite fresh fruit.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cream of coconut
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese
- Combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Using a handheld blender beat together until stiff peaks form. About 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Put cream cheese on a microwave safe plate and cook for 25 seconds or until the cream cheese is very soft (this will help prevent lumps).
- Add very soft cream cheese to a mixing bowl along with the cream of coconut. Beat together until combined and blended.
- Fold in the whipped cream and gently stir together until combined.
- Serve right away or for best results let it refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Serve with your favorite fresh fruits.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST