This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Coconut Cream Fruit Dip with fresh whipped cream, coconut cream, and cream cheese. Only 4 ingredients for the best fruit dip ever that is so light and refreshing. Serve it alongside your favorite fresh fruit.
This coconut cream fruit dip was one of the original recipes that I ever posted. It has since been made hundreds of times and every single time I make this, I literally grab a spoon and just go to town. It is that good! Pair it with some fresh cut strawberries, pineapple, grapes, and watermelon and you have a seriously amazing, and addicting, fruit dip that has that perfect fresh and creamy coconut flavor.
Only 4 ingredients and two bowls is all you need to make this. When I see all the fresh seasonal fruit in the grocery stores this coconut cream fruit dip is always the first thing I make.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CREAM FRUIT DIP
Heavy Whipping Cream – There are NO substitutions for this. You are making your own whipped cream, like Cool Whip, so if you really wanted to you could use an 8 oz container of Cool Whip but I can promise you that whipping your own cream is the only way to go. The taste will be very different if you decide to use Cool Whip. So please don’t.
Powdered Sugar – This is a sweetener for the whipped cream.
Cream of Coconut – This is not the same thing as canned coconut milk. This is a creamy, thick cream of coconut that you can usually find in the drink mix aisle or by the alcohol. It does NOT contain alcohol, it is just normally used to make mixed drinks. Refer to the picture for what this looks like. I have only ever seen it by the Coco Real brand.
TIPS AND HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAKING THE BEST FRUIT DIP
How do I serve this coconut cream fruit dip?
- With all the fresh fruits! Our very favorite fruit to serve with this is strawberries and fresh pineapple. But anything is so delicious with it like watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, grapes, blueberries, raspberries. I mean you could put this dip on anything and it would be amazing!
- TIP : Most grocery stores sell pre-chopped fruit so if you are wanting something easy then buy some of those pre-cut packages of fruit like pineapple, watermelon, and cantaloupe, etc.
Can I use light cream cheese?
- You can if you want to. I prefer the regular, full-fat cream cheese because it has a richer and better flavor to it. But I have known people that use light cream cheese in this and it’s great.
What is cream of coconut?
- Cream of coconut is a really thick and sweet coconut cream. It is not the same thing as canned coconut milk or coconut milk.
- It’s normally used to make mixed drinks, it is non-alcoholic, so you can find it in that aisle or in the drink mix aisle. The aisle with all the powdered water mix packets. These two things are usually in the same aisle at the store.
Can I make this fruit dip ahead of time?
- Yes! I think the fruit dip is actually best after it has been in the fridge for about 2-3 hours before serving.
- I usually make it the morning of the day I need it and then let it sit in the fridge until I serve it.
- Leftovers will last for up to 3 days. Anything after that and the fresh whipped cream will start to spoil and separate.
TRY THESE OTHER REFRESHING SUMMER RECIPES
Lemon Yogurt Fruit Salad – Fresh fruit mixed with a fresh lemon yogurt dressing.
No Bake Coconut Cream Pie – A no bake easy to make pie with coconut cream pudding and whipped cream.
Lemon Pudding Pie – No bake lemon pie with lemon pudding and freshly whipped cream.
White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie – A coconut pudding pie with a layer of white chocolate.
Coconut Lemon Poppyseed Muffins – Lemon and coconut combine in these delicious muffins that are the perfect bright and fresh summer treat.
Coconut Cream Fruit Dip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1¼ cups cream of coconut
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- Add heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat with a handheld mixer, or use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl, add the cream of coconut and softened cream cheese. Blend together until combined, smooth, and mixed well.
- Gently fold the whipped cream, with a wooden spoon or spatula, into the cream cheese and coconut mixture. Stir together until combined.
- You can serve this fruit dip right away OR for best taste and texture refrigerate the fruit dip for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers, in a covered container, for up to 3 days.