This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
This recipe for Cornflake Chicken is always a hit! Chicken breasts are coated in a perfectly seasoned cornflake mixture and baked to crispy perfection in the oven. This tender juicy chicken baked in the oven is sure to become a family favorite dinner.
Cornflake Chicken Recipe
Chicken is always my go-to protein for dinner because it’s easy, versatile, affordable, and everyone in my family likes it!
This oven baked cornflake coated chicken is always a family favorite because who doesn’t love a crispy piece of juicy, perfectly seasoned chicken.
Why Your Family Will Love This Crispy Baked Chicken
- Healthy Dinner Recipe : I always feel much better when I am serving my family something healthy and wholesome, but yet it still tastes amazing. This oven baked chicken tastes just like fried chicken without all the deep fry and oil.
- Turns Out Perfectly Crispy Each Time : The secret to really good oven baked crispy chicken is to dip the chicken breasts into an egg + milk mixture. The egg is what helps the cornflake crumbs adhere and stay on the chicken, even while being baked.
- Versatile & Adaptable : This recipe can easily be changed and adapted to what you prefer. When I say that, I am meaning with the dried seasonings. Add whatever you want! I prefer to keep it basic with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder but try using onion powder, red cayenne pepper instead of black pepper for spice, or add some dried basil or Italian seasoning. Try to keep the seasonings at the 3 teaspoons total.
Ingredients Needed To Make It
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – You need 3 chicken breasts for this recipe which will be cut in half (horizontally) so you’ll end up with 6 thinner pieces total.
- Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper – Simple dried seasonings for this crispy baked chicken.
- Milk – I recommend using a higher fat milk like whole milk for this recipe.
- Large Egg – This is what keeps the cornflake coating on the chicken. It’s vital for crumb coated chicken pieces.
- Crushed Cornflakes – Measure out 3 cups of this and then crush it.
How To Make Cornflake Coated Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet (12″x18″) with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, horizontally, so you end up with two thinner pieces of chicken per chicken breast.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- In another bowl add the crushed cornflakes.
- Coat each piece of chicken first in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally into the crushed cornflakes. Place the chicken pieces onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Expert Tips For Success
- Crushed Cornflakes : You can crush the cornflake cereal in as fine of crumbs or leave them in larger pieces for more texture and bigger crunch. Either way works perfectly fine. For really finely ground crumbs use a food processor or food chopper. If you want to keep them in larger pieces then try crushing them with your hands or place them into a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin or back of a wooden spoon to crush them until they’re at your preferred size.
- Chicken Breasts : It’s important that you cut each chicken breast in half, horizontally, so you end up with two thinner pieces of chicken per chicken breast. You will end up with 6 thin pieces total at the end.
- More Servings : This recipe can easily be doubled or 1.5 if you need more servings for your family or you have hungry eaters. The cook time will stay the same, so you just need to increase the ingredients in order to coat more chicken pieces.
Try making this recipe with chicken tenders instead of chicken breast. Adjust the cook time to 20-25 minutes.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups cornflake cereal crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray a baking sheet (12"x18") lightly with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, horizontally, to get two thinner halves per chicken breast. You should have 6 pieces total when you're done. * Make sure to wash your hands before moving on to the next steps.3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In another separate bowl, whisk together the milk and large egg.1/4 cup whole milk, 1 large egg
- In one more separate bowl add the crushed cornflakes.3 cups cornflake cereal
- Coat each piece of chicken first into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and then into the crushed cornflakes. * Make sure the chicken is well coated. Use your fingers to press the crushed cereal into it.
- Place the chicken pieces onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165℉.