Easy pico de Gallo guacamole is the best way to make guacamole! 3 ingredients is all you need; avocados, lime juice, and prepared pico de gallo. Mix together for a delicious topping to tacos, nachos, or dip taquitos or quesadillas into it.
We have a rule at our house that you never waste avocado. It's not like a serious rule but it's more so our inside joke 🙂 Avocados are basically life and I am sure you all know that a ripe, perfectly green avocado is rare. Which is why, when I found myself with an entire bag of avocados to use up, I knew I had to make some guacamole.
My little kindergartener LOVES guacamole. I always have to keep those mini containers of guacamole in the fridge for her because it's her favorite after school snack. She even took some to school one day for snack with a bag of tortilla chips 🙂
I am a big fan of the classic guacamole; mashed avocados with a sprinkle of salt and lime juice. I think it's the best way to eat it because the avocados are the star. This time around I added some prepared pico de gallo into it and my world was changed! So much flavor and so delicious.
And it really could not be easier. Mash up 3 avocados and sprinkle some salt and lime juice over it. You can mash them as chunky or as smooth as you want to. I prefer a combination of chunky and smooth guacamole. Next, you add in some prepared, store-bought pico de gallo and mix it all together. Serve with some tortilla chips or with any Mexican food. We love this as a taco topping with these ground chicken baked tacos, with these turkey taco burrito bowls, or inside these crispy southwest chicken burritos.
Tips for making easy pico de gallo guacamole
- Mash the avocado to your liking. Mash it slightly for a chunkier guacamole or mash it for awhile for a smoother, creamier guacamole.
- The recipe calls for lime juice but I LOVE doing half lime juice and half lemon juice. It adds such a good flavor and I love the combo of the two citrus juices with the avocado.
- You can use leftover pico de gallo or buy prepared pico de gallo at the grocery store. You can usually find it near the produce by the prepared guacamole.
- Just like any avocado dish, this will get brown when left in the fridge. It helps a little bit to save the avocado pits and then once done, press them into the guacamole and cover the dish with saran wrap. If it does get slightly browned, I just scrape off the top layer and underneath is still nice and green.
- This is best prepared and served the same day. Preferably within a few hours.
For another fun twist to guacamole check out this salsa verde guacamole. A little more chopping involved but just as delicious. I hope you love this one! It's the best way to use up avocado and it makes the best dip, appetizer, or topping for tacos!
Thanks for being here and enjoy your day! 🙂
Easy Pico de Gallo Guacamole
- 3 avocados (sliced in half & pit/skin removed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Kosher salt)
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo
- In a bowl, mash up the avocados, lime or lemon juice, and salt. Mash it as little or as much as you want. Add in the pico de gallo and stir together.
- Serve with tortilla chips or on top of tacos, inside burritos, etc.
- ** This will get brown if left in the fridge. It's best prepared and served within a couple of hours. If you want to chill it, reserve the avocado pits and press them into the guacamole and cover with saran wrap. Let it sit in the fridge for up to 1 hour before serving **