Milk chocolate homemade brownies use Hershey’s Kisses for the chocolate! Homemade milk chocolate brownie base topped with a milk chocolate ganache. Rich, soft, fudgey, and sure to satisfy any chocolate craving. Change up the sprinkles for different Holidays!
MILK CHOCOLATE HOMEMADE BROWNIES
I’ve been making these homemade brownies for years! But when I found this recipe for milk chocolate homemade brownies that use Hershey’s Kisses as the chocolate, I knew I had to try them fast. How genius?!
I can honestly say that these just may be my new favorite homemade brownie recipe.
Traditionally, homemade brownies use cocoa powder or melted baking chocolate. These brownies use melted Kisses as the chocolate. So rich, delicious, and enough chocolate to cure any craving.
In my house we LOVE sprinkles. My husband rolls his eyes every time he opens the spice cupboard and all of the little bottles of sprinkles fall out, haha.
I have so many it’s embarrassing. Sprinkles just make me happy. They’re so colorful and they make anything look delicious and fun. Including these brownies.
With sprinkles you can change them up to fit any Holiday. Like say for a Christmas plate of goodies for the neighbors. Make these brownies and then use the Christmas colored sprinkles. Or even Halloween sprinkles too. They literally make sprinkles for every single Holiday which gives you an excuse to make these brownies for every single Holiday 🙂
Melt some kisses + butter in the microwave. Add some eggs, sugar, and vanilla then the flour and salt. The best part of these brownies is that you don’t even need a mixer for them! Just one bowl, a spoon, baking pan, and the microwave. Super easy!
Let them bake in the oven and you’ll end up with milk chocolate brownies with crispy and chewy edges and a super soft-baked milk chocolate center. The best part is the silky smooth milk chocolate ganache on top!
My tips for making this homemade brownie recipe
- Use different sprinkles for the Holidays or to match the color theme of a party.
- You can also try experimenting with the different flavors of Hershey kisses. I am thinking the peppermint candy cane kisses would be delicious, or the white and brown chocolate kisses. The options are endless. I can’t say for sure how they may change the color of the brownie but I know they would taste good.
- Know that the texture of these brownies is a bit different than the normal. They are dense and chewy and almost taste like fudge BUT they have a brownie like texture.
- You need a total of 93 Hershey Kisses which is about 1 1/2 bags of them. The family size bags (19.75 oz) would be enough but if they are the smaller bags (12 oz) then buy two of them.
Try these other brownie recipes
Hershey's Kisses Homemade Brownies
Milk Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 63 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses (unwrapped)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 30 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses (unwrapped)
- choice of sprinkles or other toppings
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the brownies
Add the butter and 63 unwrapped Hershey Kisses to a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until kisses and butter are melted. Stir together until combined. If mixture appears separated that's ok, just keep stirring until it comes together.
Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Stir together for several minutes until combined.
Add salt and flour and stir until combined. I use a spatula for this part and to scrape it into the baking dish.
Evenly spread the batter in the prepared pan. Cook for 20-22 minutes. Edges will appear done and pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool completely before frosting.
Make the ganache
Heat heavy whipping cream in microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds in the microwave. Pour hot cream over the unwrapped Hershey Kisses in a bowl and let it sit for 1 minute. Stir together until combined and smooth. If needed, heat the mixture an additional 30-45 seconds to aid in melting.
Pour the ganache over the cooled brownies and gently spread out evenly. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles, if wanted.
Let the ganache harden and then cut. To speed up this process, place pan of brownies in the fridge for about 30 minutes and then cut.
You need a total of 93 Hershey Kisses for this recipe. If you buy the 12 oz bag then you will need two bags. Or buy the larger 'family size' bag and you will have enough.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST