Milk chocolate homemade brownies use Hershey’s Kisses for the chocolate! Homemade milk chocolate brownie base topped with a milk chocolate ganache. Rich, soft, fudgey, and sure to satisfy any chocolate craving. Change up the sprinkles for different Holidays!
I’ve been making these homemade brownies for years! But when I found this recipe for milk chocolate homemade brownies that use Hershey’s Kisses as the chocolate, I knew I had to try them fast. How genius?! I can honestly say that these just may be my new favorite homemade brownie recipe.
Traditionally, homemade brownies use cocoa powder or melted baking chocolate. These brownies use melted Kisses as the chocolate. So rich, delicious, and enough chocolate to cure any craving.
In my house we LOVE sprinkles. My husband rolls his eyes every time he opens the spice cupboard and all of the little bottles of sprinkles fall out, haha. I have so many it’s embarrassing. Sprinkles just make me happy. They’re so colorful and they make anything look delicious and fun. Including these brownies.
With sprinkles you can change them up to fit any Holiday. Like say for a Christmas plate of goodies for the neighbors. Make these brownies and then use the Christmas colored sprinkles. Or even Halloween sprinkles too. They literally make sprinkles for every single Holiday which gives you an excuse to make these brownies for every single Holiday 🙂
The texture of these brownies are a bit different than the normal. They are dense and chewy and almost taste like fudge BUT they have a brownie like texture. They really are so amazing and delicious and really must be made!
If you love Hershey’s Kisses then I know you will absolutely love these brownies.
Melt some kisses + butter in the microwave. Add some eggs, sugar, and vanilla then the flour and salt. The best part of these brownies is that you don’t even need a mixer for them! Just one bowl, a spoon, baking pan, and the microwave. Super easy!
Let them bake in the oven and you’ll end up with milk chocolate brownies with crispy and chewy edges and a super soft-baked milk chocolate center. Best part is the milk chocolate ganache on top!
Get yourself two bags of Hershey Kisses and make these! They’re a fun & decadent treat that I know everyone will love. If you really want to take them over the top serve with a scoop of ice cream on top!
Yields 20 brownies
Milk chocolate homemade brownies use Hershey's Kisses for the chocolate! Homemade milk chocolate brownie base topped with a milk chocolate ganache. Rich, soft, fudgey, and sure to satisfy any chocolate craving. Change up the sprinkles for different Holidays!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 63 unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 30 unwrapped Hershey's Kisses
- sprinkles, if wanted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the brownies: add the butter and Hershey Kisses to a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until kisses and butter are melted. Stir together until combined. If mixture appears separated that's ok, just keep stirring until it comes together.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Stir together for several minutes until combined.
- Add salt and flour and stir until combined.
- Evenly spread the batter in the prepared pan. Cook for 20-22 minutes. Edges will appear done and pull away from the edges. Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the ganache frosting: heat heavy whipping cream in microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds in the microwave. Pour hot cream over the unwrapped Hershey Kisses in a bowl and let it sit for 1 minute. Stir together until combined. If needed, heat the mixture an additional 30-45 seconds to aid in melting.
- Pour over the cooled brownies and gently spread out evenly. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles, if wanted.
- Let harden and then cut. To speed up this process, place pan of brownies in the fridge for about 30 minutes and then cut.
You will need 2 bags (12 ounces each) of the Hershey Kisses to have enough for the brownies and ganache frosting. You will have several kisses leftover to snack on.
If using unsalted butter, increase salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
Recipe adapted from here
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST