MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
These cute, bite-sized mini chocolate chip muffins are the perfect snack for little hands. Simple to mix up with easy ingredients!
Things that are mini size just taste better, right?! I don’t know what it is but things mini sized my kids just can’t seem to get enough of. Luckily there are quick to make so we make them often.
HOW TO MAKE MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
– You will need a miniature muffin pan for this recipe. I have never tried this recipe in a regular sized muffin pan but I am sure it would work fine. Just increase the cook time slightly.
– Mix up the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate smaller bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the wet ingredients like oil, egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together. Not too much as you don’t want to over mix the batter. Just stir enough to make sure there are no flour streaks or pockets remaining in the batter.
– Add the miniature chocolate chips and then fill each muffin tin almost full. The recipe yields 36 mini muffins so you will need to another batch after the first batch has cooled slightly and you have taken them out of the pan.
TRY THESE OTHER MUFFIN RECIPES
- cinnamon banana bread muffins
- pumpkin cheesecake streusel muffins
- chocolate chip zucchini muffins
- chocolate chip banana muffins
- one bowl applesauce muffins
- the best blueberry muffins
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the inside of a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder. Whisk together until combined and no clumps remain.
- In a separate small bowl, mix oil, egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a rubber spatula, very gently fold the ingredients together. Fold in the chocolate chips. You want to mix only until there are no flour pockets in the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full (slightly less). Try not to overfill or else the muffin will spill over the sides while baking and you won't get that nice dome shape at the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool in muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then move to a rack to cool completely.
- Put extras in a Ziploc bag or keep covered on a plate. These tend to dry out if left out uncovered.