This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
M&M Chocolate Fudge Oatmeal Bars have a buttery sweet oatmeal crust with a chocolate fudge middle, and topped with more oatmeal crumble and m&m candies. These bars a rich, chocolatey treat!
I’ve decided that bake sales are a food bloggers best friend. When else can we make a treat and not have it at the house tempting us?! I love bake sales because I have an excuse to be in the kitchen baking treats that don’t have to stay in my kitchen! It’s the best of both worlds.
My daughter’s preschool has an annual spaghetti dinner and also a bake sale the same night. The parents bring in the bake sale items and then anyone can buy them with a donation. My kids LOVE this bake sale. Funny thing is, is that every single year (we’ve been going to this preschool for 3 years now) my kids always end up buying the treats that I make for the bake sale. So basically I make the treats, give my kids the money, and they end up buying the ones I made. I am quite literally paying for my own treats, lol 🙂
M&M’s are always my go-to for fun treats. Add in a chocolate fudge layer on top of a buttery oatmeal crust and I am in heaven! These are so simple to make too.
In a mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and softened butter. Press 3/4 of it into the bottom of your baking dish.
On a side note…. how cute is my new mixing bowl?! I am addicted to kitchenware. I found these at Sam’s Club for only $15! It comes with 5 bowls and 5 lids. So if you’re near a Sam’s Club go get yourself some. They’re adorable.
For the chocolate fudge combine chocolate chips, butter, and a can of sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan and melt over medium heat. If you’re anything like me, go ahead and take a finger lick of that sweetened condensed milk. I can’t ever not do that when I open a can of that stuff!
Pour that chocolate fudge over the layer of crust you pressed in.
Crumble the reserved oatmeal crust over the chocolate and then sprinkle the mini m&m’s over it all. Gently press down. Bake these beauties and then let them cool completely. It’s so important to let them cool completely. It takes a couple of hours so be patient. They will harden up and set up nicely as they cool.
You guys! These are so yummy and colorful. Let me know if you try them. They’re a favorite around my house and hopefully will be a hit at the bake sale. At least I know my kids will buy them 🙂
M&M Chocolate Fudge Oatmeal Bars
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter softened
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 oz) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mini m&m's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Or you can use parchment paper, which makes it easy to pull the bars out once cooled and cut. Set pan aside.
- In a large bowl add the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and softened butter. Mix until well combined and it's in chunky crumbles.Set aside a heaping 1 cup of this mixture for later.
- Press remaining mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- In a sauce pan, combine condensed milk, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the bottom layer in the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the reserved cup of oat mixture over the chocolate, and top with m&m's. Gently press down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely (about 2 hours) before cutting.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST