I think I may have a slight addiction to microwave mug cookies. Well, actually any single-serve type dessert recipe I am a big fan of. I already posted this chocolate & peanut butter microwave mug brownie, and it gets made plenty at our house. I just love the concept of single serve because it allows you to have a delicious, homemade treat without 800 dozen cookies starring at you all week saying, “eat me, eat me!” I swear, cookies and any other baked good sitting on the counter actually do talk, it’s crazy 😉
I have tried so many different recipes for these chocolate chip mug cookies that are floating around on Pinterest. I am pretty sure I have tried them all, and for one reason or another I did not like them; too dense, too crumbly, too sweet, not sweet enough, cooked too long….. This recipe is perfection (in my humble opinion). It is way too easy not to at least give it a try 🙂
If you have never used these cute mini m&m’s for baking, you are missing out. I always have at least two bags on hand; for this recipe and for these monster cookies (I just use the m&m’s in place of the resees pieces). Plus, my kids LOVE making treats with the colorful mini m&m’s. You can find them either in the baking aisle with the other chocolate chips, or I usually find them in the candy aisle.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- light pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon mini m&m's
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips [add chocolate chips/m&m's more or less to taste]
- Put butter in a microwaveable mug and melt/soften in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Add in the sugars, salt, and yolk. Mix together with a fork.
- Mix in flour, chocolate chips, and m&m's. Do not over mix, only mix until there are no flour pockets.
- Cook in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Let cool for a couple minutes. Enjoy!
** If you want a gooey, fudgier cookie, decrease the flour to 2 tablespoons **
Have a great Monday friends!