This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Looking for a delicious fall dessert? Try this Caramel Apple Cheesecake with a cinnamon graham cracker crust, a creamy apple-spiced no bake cheesecake filling with caramel, apple pie filling, and complete with a pecan streusel topping.
No Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
This no bake caramel apple cheesecake recipe is bursting with apple flavor thanks to the apple pie filling, cinnamon graham crackers, and apple pie spice. The best part is that no water bath is needed because it’s a no bake cheesecake!
Complete with a no bake cheesecake mixture, a cinnamon spiced buttery graham cracker crust, and a crumble topping with a caramel drizzle and pecans. It’s the perfect cheesecake for anytime of year but especially during the cooler fall months and makes for a show-stopper dessert at the Thanksgiving dessert table.
Ingredients Needed For This Perfect Fall Dessert (Printable Recipe Card Below)
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers : I love the hint of cinnamon in this cheesecake but you can also use graham cracker crumbs or classic graham crackers instead.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Salted Butter
- Cream Cheese : For the best results and thick creamy texture I only recommend using full-fat cream cheese in this recipe.
- Apple Pie Spice
- Sour Cream : For the best creamy thick results only use full-fat sour cream.
- Apple Pie Filling : This is the canned apple pie filling and you will use some inside the cheesecake and some for the topping/garnish of the cheesecake.
- Cool Whip
- Caramel Bits : Use caramel bits or the caramel squares and melt them. You could get really fancy ad try making some Homemade Caramel Sauce instead. So good!
- Heavy Cream
- Chopped Pecans
How To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake (No Bake Cheesecake Recipe)
Buttery Graham Cracker Crust
- Place the graham crackers and light brown sugar into a food processor and process until thoroughly crushed and in fine crumbs.
- Add in the melted butter and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Firmly press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Tap it down and firmly press it into an even crust layer. Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
Cheesecake Layer with Apple Filling and Caramel
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, light brown sugar, and apple pie spice with an electric hand mixer until light, fluffy, and smooth.
- Beat in the sour cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in the chopped apple pie filling and the Cool Whip, with a rubber spatula, and mix gently just until combined. Don’t mix to hard or else the cheesecake filling won’t be as light and fluffy.
- Spread the filling into the springform pan over top the crust and smooth out the top.
- Cover it well with plastic wrap and place the cheesecake inside the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight is best.
Pecan Apple Topping
- When ready to serve the cheesecake, prepare the topping by heating the caramel bits and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds and then stir well until it’s smooth. Continue heating and stirring in 30 second increments as needed until it is melted and smooth.
- Stir the chopped apple pie filling and pecans into the melted caramel mixture until combined.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan rim and scoop the topping onto the top of the cheesecake. Spread it into an even layer or leave it mounded in the center – whichever look you prefer.
- Cut the cheesecake into slices and serve.
How Should I Store My Caramel Apple Cheesecake?
Once the caramel apple cheesecake has been chilled and assembled with the topping, store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. To keep the cheesecake longer, cover it well with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the fridge for 3-4 days. If you have leftover individual pieces, store them in an airtight container inside the fridge for several days.
You can freeze the cheesecake but I don’t recommend it because the texture of the cheesecake and topping will be different once frozen and thawed.
Substitution & Variation Ideas
Here are a few ways that you can switch up this fall dessert if wanted. We love the recipe as is, but it’s also very adaptable to a other ideas. Here are a few to get you started.
- Crust : Use classic honey graham crackers or vanilla graham crackers instead of cinnamon graham crackers in the crust.
- Don’t Have Apple Pie Spice? : Pumpkin pie spice can be used in a pinch if you don’t have apple pie spice. Same flavor profile!
- Toast The Pecans : Toast the pecans in a skillet pan over medium-low heat to add some added crunch and texture to the cheesecake topping. You could even add some cinnamon & sugar or some apple pie spice while they’re toasting to add some flavor to them. Make sure to watch them carefully and stir often to avoid burning.
- Make Homemade Whipped Cream : If you don’t want to use store-bought Cool Whip then make your own. Add 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream + 1/3 cup powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to beat it until stiff peaks form. Start at low speed and increase the speed as needed. This will take about 4-5 minutes to get the stiff peaks to form. Use this in place of the tub of Cool Whip.
Do You Have Any Tips and Tricks For This Cheesecake Recipe?
Yes! I love sharing tips of success so you can make a perfectly delicious caramel apple cheesecake in your own kitchen.
- Use Room Temperature Ingredients : For best results use room temperature cream cheese and sour cream when making this recipe. I like to set out the cream cheese at least 1 hour before (no longer than 2 hours) using it to ensure it blends smoothly and without lumps. Because this is a no-bake cheesecake recipe, you don’t have to worry as much about overmixing the cheesecake. Be sure to mix the cream cheese until light and fluffy so no lumps remain in the batter. The sour cream is not as big of deal to be at room temperature, but if you remember to, put it out at room temperate about 20 minutes prior to making the recipe.
- Chill The Crust Before Adding The Filling : Place the crust in the freezer for at least 15-20 minutes before adding the filling to help the crust set and prevent it from crumbling when you cut the cheesecake.
- Fold In The Cool Whip Gently : When adding the Cool Whip to the cheesecake filling, fold it gently to help it stay light and fluffy. Use a silicone mixing spatula to stir it in gently, and do not use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer for this step, as the beater may beat the air out of the whipped cream and leave you with a dense cheesecake instead of a light one.
- Let The Assembled Cheesecake Chill For Several Hours : For the best texture, thickness, and flavor it’s essential to let the cheesecake chill in the fridge for several hours, ideally overnight, to help it set up and become firm. This make it the perfect dessert to make the day before!
- Use A Hot Knife To Cut The Cheesecake : Dip a sharp knife in hot water and dry it before slicing the cheesecake to create clean and even slices.
More Apple Desserts You’ll Love
- Simple Apple Crisp
- Apple Cider Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
- Crockpot Apple Crisp
- Oatmeal Cookie Apple Crumble
- Easy Apple Streusel Muffins
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 sleeves cinnamon graham crackers
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons salted butter melted
No Bake Apple Cheesecake Filling
- 2 bars (8 oz each) full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup apple pie filling (cut into small bite-sized pieces)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
Caramel Apple Topping
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1¼ cups apple pie filling (cut into small bite-sized pieces)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place the graham crackers and light brown sugar into a food processor and process until thoroughly crushed and in fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.2 sleeves cinnamon graham crackers, 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 12 tablespoons salted butter
- Firmly press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to tap it down and firmly press it into an even crust layer.
- Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
No Bake Apple Cheesecake Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, light brown sugar, and apple pie spice with an electric hand mixer until light, fluffy, and smooth.2 bars (8 oz each) full-fat cream cheese, 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar, 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- Beat in the sour cream and mix until smooth and creamy.1 cup full-fat sour cream
- Gently fold in the chopped apple pie filling and the Cool Whip, with a rubber spatula, and mix gently just until combined. Don't mix to hard or else the cheesecake filling won't be as light and fluffy.3/4 cup apple pie filling, 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Spread the filling into the springform pan over top the crust and smooth out the top. Cover it well with plastic wrap and place the cheesecake inside the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight is best.
Caramel Apple Topping
- When ready to serve the cheesecake, prepare the topping by heating the caramel bits and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds and then stir well until it's smooth. Continue heating and stirring in 30 second increments as needed until it is melted and smooth.1 cup caramel bits, 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Stir the chopped apple pie filling and pecans into the melted caramel mixture until combined.1¼ cups apple pie filling, 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan rim and scoop the topping onto the top of the cheesecake. Spread it into an even layer or leave it mounded in the center – whichever look you prefer. Cut the cheesecake into slices and serve.* For cleaner & easier slices, run hot water over the knife and then wipe it dry before slicing the cheesecake. You may have to do this every few slices to ensure clean and even slices.