This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Berries & Cream Pie is an easy to make, semi-homemade, no bake pie recipe. It uses easy ingredients like a prepared graham cracker crust, with a layer of melted white chocolate, cheesecake pudding cream filling, and fresh berries on top.
For more summertime berry cream pie recipes try my Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie, this super easy Cream Cheese Cherry Pie, and Raspberry Cream Pie.
Berries & Cream Pie Recipe
I have another cream pie recipe to share today! I just love easy to make, no bake desserts that use simple ingredients. I am a big fan of using convenient ingredients like a prepared graham cracker crust, and instant pudding mixes to make a semi-homemade dessert, that is always a crowd pleaser.
This berries and cream pie starts with a graham cracker crust, a layer of melted white chocolate, a no-bake cream pie filling, and topped with fresh berries. It’s perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day (because of the red, white, and blue colors) or for any summer gathering. This refreshing pie is full of bright and fresh berries in a cool & creamy pie filling.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this semi-homemade, no bake pie recipe!
- Prepared Graham Cracker Crust – A 6 ounce ready-to-use graham cracker crust from the store is what the recipe calls for. Be sure that you are not buying the one that says ‘2 extra servings’ on it, as that is a larger 9 ounce size. We want the smaller one. You can make a homemade graham cracker crust if wanted. But why not make it easy on yourself but yet still delicious.
- White Chocolate Baking Chocolate – This is a baking chocolate bar that can be found by the chocolate chips, usually on the top shelf. One bar is 4 ounces so just use half of the bar.
- Whole Strawberries – Be sure and cut the strawberries in half, lengthwise, so you end up with two longer pieces of strawberry. Place the strawberry with the inside flesh part down on the white chocolate.
- Cream Cheese – I prefer the taste and texture of the real cream cheese, but if wanted, reduced-fat cream cheese can be used with fine results.
- Powdered Sugar – This is what sweetens the cream cheese.
- Whole Milk
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Blueberries + Chopped Strawberries – Berries for the top of the pie.
How To Make White Chocolate Berries and Cream Pie with Instant Pudding and Cream Cheese
Learn how to make this semi-homemade dessert recipe with the easy steps below. Be sure and go to the bottom of this post where there is a detailed recipe card with instructions and tips.
- White Chocolate : Melt the white chocolate and smooth it onto the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Gently press the halved strawberries onto the white chocolate.
- Cream Filling : Beat the cream cheese for 1 minute. Add the powder sugar and beat for another 1 minute. Add the milk and vanilla instant pudding powder. Beat again for 1 minute, or until it’s smooth, combined well, and no lumps remain in the batter. Pour this into the graham cracker crust on top of the strawberries. Smooth out the top and place the enclosed plastic lid on top.
- Fridge : Let the pie refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving it.
- Serve : Top the pie with the blueberries + chopped strawberries. Cut into slices and serve.
Tips For Success
Here are some of my helpful tips that will hopefully make this recipe a success in your own kitchen.
- Use Whole Milk : You want the extra fat from the whole milk to help thicken the cream filling and help it set. You can experiment with using lower fat milks, like 2% or 1%, and it may work just fine.
- Refrigeration Time : A cream pie needs refrigeration time so the flavors can come together, the pie can set and thicken, and so it can be chilled before serving. Plan ahead and make sure you have enough time to let it refrigerate. It can even be made the day before.
- Berries : Add more chopped strawberries or blueberries to the top of the pie if wanted. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but don’t let that stop you from adding as much as you want. Cut the strawberries into small chunks, similar in size to the blueberries, for a pretty and more uniform look to the pie. Also, with smaller berry pieces on top it’s easier to get all the berries and cream flavor in each bite.
- Use White Chocolate Baking Bar NOT White Chocolate Chips : You can find the bakers chocolate by the chocolate chips on the top shelf. It looks like a candy bar, but it’s specific for melting and baking, which is what you want in this recipe.
Variation & Substitution Ideas
There are a few ways to switch up this recipe if wanted.
- Pudding : For more white chocolate flavor, try using a box of white chocolate instant pudding mix instead of vanilla. You can also use a coconut cream pudding mix for a tropical twist. Or try using banana cream pudding instead. We prefer the vanilla pudding but any flavor would work just fine.
- Berries : Feel free to use whatever berries you love. Blackberries and/or raspberries are other great choices too.
- Lighten It Up : I have never done this, but you can try using a box of sugar-free instant pudding. Also, try using a bar of reduced-fat cream cheese and choose a reduced-fat graham cracker crust at the store.
Can I Make a No Bake Pie Ahead of Time?
Yes you can! No bake pies are the perfect dessert to make ahead of time. Although this pie only requires 6 hours of refrigeration time before serving it, you can make it up to 24 hours ahead of time, and refrigerate it until ready to serve. Be sure and leave the berry topping off of the pie, especially if refrigerating for a longer period of time before serving.
How To Store Leftover Cream Pie
Store leftovers inside the pie crust container, covered in the fridge, for up to 5 days. You can also place individual servings inside an air-tight container. The berries may bleed color into the cream filling, but it’s still delicious and yummy.
Can I Freeze a No Bake Pie with Fresh Berries?
I do not recommend freezing this pie. The cream cheese and other dairy in the pie will separate, look curdled, and create extra liquid in the pie when thawed. For best results, taste, and texture avoid freezing it. If needed, this pie can very easily be made 24 hours ahead of time. Leave the berry topping off, and put the pie in the fridge for 24 hours (or the night before) serving. This way you can free up time for the day of. Leftovers also stay delicious for several days.
More Cream Pie Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Cream Pie
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- No Bake Double Chocolate Cream Pie
- Pecan Cream Pie
- No Bake Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Pistachio Cheesecake Pie
- Black Forest Cheesecake Pie
- Snickers Cheesecake Pie
- No Bake Lemon Pudding Pie
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
White Chocolate Berries & Cream Pie
- 1 (6 oz) ready-to-use graham cracker crust
- 2 ounces white chocolate baking bar (not white chocolate chips)
- 6 whole strawberries (halved lengthwise)
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Add the white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20 second intervals, stirring it after each one. * This usually only takes about 40 seconds. If you give it a good stir after 40 seconds, it will melt smoothly together. Don't over melt it, as white chocolate can burn easily.
- Smooth the melted white chocolate evenly into the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Gently press the halved strawberries (halved lengthwise) onto the white chocolate. * Place the strawberries with the inside flesh part down in the white chocolate.
- Using a stand mixer, or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute. Add in the powdered sugar and beat again for 1 minute. * Start at low speed and increase speed as needed.
- Add in the whole milk and vanilla instant pudding powder into the cream cheese mixture. Start on low speed, and beat for about 1 minute, increasing speed as needed until it's combined well and there are no lumps.
- Pour the cream topping over the strawberries and smooth out the top. Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the graham cracker crust) and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours before slicing and serving.
- Add the blueberries and chopped strawberries on top of the pie before slicing and serving it. * You can add the berry topping before the refrigeration time, but I don't recommend it because the berries can bleed color into the cream pie. Save the topping to add after the refrigeration time and before cutting/serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.