NO BAKE PISTACHIO PIE
I think I am just going to commemorate this week and deem it as 'no bake pie' week.
If you are a regular reader then you know that I posted this orange creamsicle pie and this strawberry cream pie earlier this week. Both no bake pies and both are pies that you really want to make 🙂
And now with today's pistachio cheesecake pie it's like the best week ever for no bake dessert recipes on this blog!
As I was preparing this post I kept wondering 'how many is too many pictures of pistachio pie?' haha
I did not know which ones to leave out so you get a few extra pictures today because of my indecisiveness.
HOW TO MAKE PISTACHIO CHEESECAKE
- Whisk together 2 small boxes of pistachio instant pudding mix with half and half milk. Whisk this for 1-2 minutes and then let it sit for a few minutes so it can get thicken.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of the pudding into the pie crust. This will be the 1st layer.
- In a sperate bowl, beat together the sugar and cream cheese. Stir in a tub of thawed cool and combine well.
- Add half of the cream cheese mixture into the remaining pistachio pudding and spread into the pie crust. This will form the 2nd layer.
- For the 3rd layer you can either spread the remaining cream cheese/cool whip mixture on top OR save it in the fridge in a covered Tupperware. After the refrigeration time and right before serving, pipe it on top of the pie (as seen in pics) for the third and final layer. Either way will work just fine. I use a Wilton 1A to pipe it on the pie.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- The recipe specifically says half-n-half milk and there is a reason for it. Becasue this pie is no-bake, you need that added fat and creaminess to help the pie firm up. Maybe I am just too picky and maybe using a lower fat milk will be just fine, but I much prefer the thicker creaminess of the half-n-half milk.
- If you prefer to make your own graham cracker crust that is totally fine. Just make enough for one 9-inch pie.
- For the third layer you can either spread it on top of the pie OR save it in a Tupperware container in the fridge. Before serving you can pipe it on (as shown in the pictures). I've done it both ways and it's equally delicious, just different looks.
- Make sure and plan ahead when making this pie as it needs at least 8 hours refrigeration time. Either make it in the early morning the day of or make it the night before. I always make no bake pies the night before I need them. A longer refrigeration time won't hurt a no bake pie and I love preparing what I can ahead of time.
TRY THESE OTHER NO BAKE PIE RECIPES
- The Best No Bake Pie Recipes
- Black Forest Cheesecake Pie
- Triple Layer Lemon Pudding Pie
- No Bake Twix Pie
- No Bake Butterfinger Pie
No Bake Pistachio Cheesecake Pie
Pistachio Cheesecake Pie is no bake and so simple to make! Graham cracker crust with three layers of creamy, fluffy pistachio pudding filling.
- 1 (6 oz) Nilla Wafer or Graham Cracker crust (I prefer the store bought)
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) pistachio instant pudding mix
- 2 cups half and half milk
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- chopped pistachios (for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry pudding mix and half & half milk. Whisk together for 1-2 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes so the pudding can thicken. Once thickened, spread 1 ½ cups of the pudding into the pie crust. Set aside the remaining pudding.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using a handheld blender, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar until it's creamy and combined. Using a spatula, fold the cool whip in and mix until combined. Add half of this mixture into the remaining pudding mix and spread into the pie crust to form the 2nd layer.
- Spread the remaining cool whip/cream cheese mixture on top of the pie OR you can refrigerate it in a Tupperware container and after the refrigeration time pipe it on top (like the pictures) right before serving. Either way will be just fine.
- Cover the pie with the enclosed lid (from the store bought crust) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. I always refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios (optional). If you saved the top layer pipe that on right before serving. I use a Wilton 1A tip.
If you prefer to not use Cool Whip you can beat together 1 cup of heavy whipping cream + 3 tablespoons powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Follow recipe as directed and replace the Cool Whip. I actually prefer the store bought crusts when making all my no bake pies. They are so easy, and they hold together better than homemade. I have found that homemade graham cracker crusts fall apart and are too crumbly, for my liking anyways. Make sure the cream cheese is softened to avoid lumps in the pie. Place the unwrapped on a plate and microwave for about 30 seconds. This makes the cream cheese soft but not hot.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @togetherasfamilyblog on Instagram
PIN THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST ♥
I whipped my own cream, with 2 T of powdered sugar, rather than use Cool Whip. I prefer to control the sweetness and cream gives this a fresh flavor.
This was delicious and very easy to prepare! I made this for my husband's birthday and he loved it! I made it the night before serving, to allow the flavors to blend, which was great!
This was very delicious!!!!!! It wasn’t overly sweet and I really liked that!!!! I had to skip the extra pistachio’s which wasn’t a big deal and I took the remainder of my cream cheese mix and spread it on top because I have nothing to pipe it with. This is definitely a make again desert. Happy Mother’s Day!!!!
Can you make this as a single filling rather than three layers like your lemon cheesecake pie? It sound delicious!
Together As Family
Oh yes, for sure! That would be so easy and it would turn out just the same. Enjoy.
Hello! I'm wondering if there granulated sugar creates a grainy texture? Could it be replaced with powdered? Thank you!
Together As Family
Surprisingly it does not give the pie a grainy texture. Just be sure you mix the cream cheese and sugar well. But, if you're worried about it then yes replace it with powdered sugar and that works just fine. Enjoy!
Also, what size tip did you use to pipe the remaining cream cheese on top? Beautiful dessert and plan on making it for my Dad for his 70th birthday. 🙂
Together As Family
Thank you! I know he'll love it. I use a 1M piping tip from Wilton. I find them at Walmart. Not sure the specific design but it's the 1M sized tip. I hope that helps.
I always love your recipes!!!
Together As Family
Thank you Terri ?
Each box of pudding usually requires 2 cups of milk. This recipe calls for only 2 cups of half and half. Do I still use 2 cups of milk or am I using 2 boxes of pudding and only 2 cups of half and half?
Together As Family
Nope. Disregard the pudding box instructions and just follow the recipe. It is correct as written. Enjoy!
Made for Easter and it was a huge hit with everyone! Will be made many times for sure! Yum!
I made this recipe last night. It is absolutely delicious, light and fluffy. I made a few changes though. I put half the pudding in the crust and mixed the other half in the cream cheese mixture. My third layer was whipped cream topped with pistachios.
Made this for thnxgvn it is fire evry1 luvd ii. I added pistachios in the middle the spread rest of whipped topping all over top of pie sprinkled with more pistachios. Will definitely m8k agn.
Together as Family
I love the idea of adding pistachios in the middle! Thank you for your comment.