No Egg Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with no eggs and cream cheese! Soft-baked, thick, and puffy chocolate chip cookies with milk chocolate chips.
NO EGG CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
If you have any type of egg allergy in your family then you must try these no egg chocolate chip cookies! They bake up so perfectly soft, delicious, and thick! No thin crispy cookies with these no egg cream cheese chocolate chip cookies.
My kids love chocolate chip cookies and although we have no egg allergies to worry about at my house, we still all prefer these no egg cookies over regular chocolate chip cookies.
CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Instead of the eggs this recipe uses cream cheese! It gives these cream cheese chocolate chip cookies a creamy and rich taste that is so delicious when paired with milk chocolate chips.
It also helps lighten up the cookies a bit too. Which I can appreciate it because there is nothing worse than baking cookies only to have them turn out really browned.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITHOUT EGG
Melted Butter - The butter needs to be melted & cooled before adding it into the bowl. To do this, place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl or glass measurer and microwave for about 45 seconds. At this point you should half melted butter + half soft formed butter. Take a fork and mix it all up until everything is melted and smooth. This gives you melted butter that is not piping hot.
Cream Cheese - For best taste use the real, full-fat stuff. Make sure it's softened well before adding it in to avoid lumps in your cookie batter.
Granulated Sugar & Light Brown Sugar
All-Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt
Milk Chocolate Chips - I prefer milk chocolate chips but use any kind you like.
MY TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Make sure you beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugars for at least 1-2 minutes. You want the mixture to be fluffy looking and lighter in color than when you started. This takes at least a minute of beating to achieve this.
- Use any kind of chocolate chips you prefer! Some like using a little bit of two kinds (semi-sweet + milk chocolate) while other prefer all milk chocolate.
- Make sure the cream cheese is very soft! If it's still cold or harder then it won't mix in well with the butter and sugars and will turn the batter lumpy. Place unwrapped 6 ounces of cream cheese on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for about 25-30 seconds to get it nice & soft.
- Roll the dough into balls before baking. This ensures that your cookies will turn out nice and pretty, and round & puffy.
- The dough is softer than usual cookie dough but that's ok. Just go with it.
TRY THESE OTHER COOKIE RECIPES THAT YOU'LL LOVE
Chocolate Reese's Cookies - Chocolate + peanut butter + Reese's is pretty much perfection.
M&M Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies - Soft-baked m&m cookies with instant pudding mix right in the dough.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - Family favorite recipe! Classic recipe with all the stuff, eggs included.
Perfect Sugar Cookies - They really are perfect and they also use cream cheese.
Monster Cookies - Full of oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and mini m&m's. These are always a favorite.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies - Soft, thick, chewy cookies loaded with macadamia nuts & white chocolate chips.
Cake Mix Sugar Cookies - The easiest sugar cookie recipe ever that starts with a cake mix! No rolling out these sugar cookies. Decorate with frosting and frosting.
No Egg Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 tablespoons butter melted & cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper, using a silpat liner, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until lighter in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix together.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Roll dough into 2" balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes.Cookies will be puffy, still pale in color, and the tops should have slight cracks in them. They will cook slightly more as they cool on the hot cookie sheet so don't overbake them.
- Let the cookies cool for 15-20 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.