Skillet turkey taco pasta is a one pot meal made in a skillet pan on the stove. Cheesy, flavorful turkey with tender pasta, beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. If you need dinner in 30 minutes then this it!
I love the idea of making everything in one pot. Less dishes, less mess, and less stuff to keep your eye on with three little kids running around all over the place. Well, technically 2 kids, the baby kind of just sits there and scoots on her rear, but still, less things to look after while trying to also look after the three crazy kids running around the house
yelling playing 🙂
This one pan turkey taco pasta is really good. It's loaded with all the flavors of a traditional taco but in an easy, one pan dinner. Ground turkey is cooked with seasonings and then use the same pan to boil the pasta, beans, tomatoes, and more seasonings. Add everything together and you're done.
I love to dollop some sour cream and sprinkles avocado chunks, tomatoes, and green onion for serving. That way when you dish up everyone gets a little bit of all the toppings. You can also serve the skillet as is and then let everyone put their own toppings on.
So cheesy and exploding with flavor. If you want an easy, delicious, 30 minute meal for busy weeknights then you'll want to try this out. My kids love this. Even my bean hating kids eat this.
All that melted cheese on top apparently covers up all the beans and actually makes the beans tolerable for my 7 year old 🙂
Enjoy! Thanks for visiting and I hope your family loves this as much as mine does.
Skillet Turkey Taco Pasta
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green salsa verde
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups medium pasta shells
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stirring, occasionally to break the meat into small pieces. Once the meat is cooked through, drain any excess grease and scrape the meat mixture to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- To the same skillet add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa verde, pinto beans, chili powder, oregano, pasta shells, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and let simmer until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. About 15 minutes. Stir often to make sure the pasta isn't sticking.
- Add the cooked ground meat to the pasta mix in the skillet and mix together. Top with shredded cheese. Cover the skillet for 1-2 minutes to let the cheese melt. The sauce will thicken as it rests.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, olives, and/or avocados.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST