CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES
Every Sunday at my house is cookie day and without fail my kids always ask for cookies with m&m's in them! They love those colorful m&m's especially the cute mini sized ones.
It's kind of a joke in our house that we would die if we ran out of mini m&m's in the pantry 🙂 And yes, I'll admit that I bulk stock mini m&m's.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE PUDDING COOKIES WITH M&M'S
Butter - You need 2 sticks of butter (or 1 cup) for this recipe. I always use salted butter when baking.
Brown Sugar - I always use light brown sugar when baking.
Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix - Do not prepare this! We are just using the dry powder mix from the package.
Mini Chocolate Chips - You can use regular sized chocolate chips but I much prefer the mini sized chips in cookies.
Mini M&M's - You can use the regular size m&m's, but just like the chocolate chips, I think the mini sized m&m's look better and spread out better in cookies. You can find these in the baking aisle with the other chocolate chips OR in the bagged candy aisle.
MY TIPS FOR THIS PUDDING COOKIE RECIPE
- For extra pretty cookies gently press a few mini m&m's on top of the cookies when they come out of the oven.
- I know cookie recipes that call for freezer time are annoying but I promise that's what makes these cookie so thick and chewy, while still being super soft. It is only about 5-10 minutes of freezer time so it's not long at all.
- DO NOT prepare the pudding mix. You will just use the dry pudding mix from the package.
TRY THESE OTHER PUDDING COOKIE RECIPES
- white chocolate macadamia nut pudding cookies
- double chocolate chip pudding cookies
- funfetti pudding cookies
- oreo cookies & cream pudding cookies
- caramel toffee pudding cookies
M&M Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&m's
- Heat oven to 350° and prepare cookies sheets by spraying with cooking spray, lining with parchment paper, or using a silpat liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a mixing bowl and handheld mixer, beat together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl, add the flour, dry pudding mix, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to break up any clumps. Add the dry ingredients, 1 cup at a time, into the wet mixture and beat together just until blended each time.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and m&m's just until combined.
- Take about 2-3 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball (should look about the size of a golf ball). Repeat until dough is gone. Place dough balls onto a plate and let freeze for 5-10 minutes before baking.
- Remove 12 dough balls from freezer and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. If wanted, gently press a few m&m's on top of the cookies immediately when they come out of the oven.
- Repeat with remaining cookies! Eat a cookie warm with milk, it's delicious!