Pumpkin pie pecan cobbler is so quick & easy! A creamy pumpkin pie layer with a sweet spiced pecan crumble topping. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the best pumpkin cobbler recipe that’s perfect for Fall.
Pumpkin Cobbler Recipe
This is my last pumpkin recipe. Promise. I’m always a little sad to see pumpkin season pass. Although, I’ll admit that I always keep cans of pumpkin on hand during the year. You just never know when that pumpkin bread craving will hit 🙂
This pumpkin pie pecan cobbler is really easy to prepare and full of pumpkin and spice flavor! It is the perfect warm, and comforting pumpkin dessert for Fall time.
It starts with a cake mix. I’ll admit that even as a food blogger, I LOVE cake mix. I know lots of people prefer to make their own cake by scratch, which by the way I am totally a fan of. Just look at this chocolate sheet cake. From scratch and insanely delicious.
If that’s what you prefer, you can always make your own cake mix instead of the boxed cake mix. It would defeat the purpose of how easy this dessert it, but you could do it.
Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or freshly whipped cream) on top and it is seriously heaven in a bite. The creamy pumpkin pie paired with the crunchy, spice, and sweet of the cobbler topping is really delicious.
As you are pouring the cake mix on top it may seem like it is way too much. Believe me, I thought the same thing. But if you want that thick cobbler type topping you need all the cake mix.
Traditionally this dessert is made with a yellow cake mix but I love the pumpkin + spice combination so I had to use that. You could use a yellow cake mix if that is what you prefer.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Pecan Cobbler
Prepare a simple pumpkin pie mixture that has pure pumpkin, evaporated, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Use a whisk to stir that together until it’s smooth and combined.
Pour the pumpkin pie mix into the baking dish.
Sprinkle the DRY cake mix (DO NOT prepare it) over top of the pumpkin pie. Then sprinkle the chopped pecans over top of the dry cake mix.
Melt the butter and drizzle the butter evenly over top of the pecans. Bake it up and serve with ice cream or whipped cream. We prefer the vanilla bean ice cream!
Try these other pumpkin dessert recipes too
Pumpkin Pie Pecan Cobbler
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box (15.25 oz) spice cake mix (DRY mix, DO NOT prepare)
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until combined and smooth. Pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix (do not prepare) evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the pecans. Try and cover all the dry cake mix, that way you don't end up with dry cake mix spots once it's baked.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and the center will be set.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes (so it's not piping hot) and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST