This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are soft & thick peanut butter cookies loaded with Reese’s Pieces candies – a peanut butter lover’s dream cookie!
For another peanut butter delight cookie be sure and also make my Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookies. So thick, soft-baked, and also loaded with Reese’s pieces and peanut butter chips.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
If there is one thing that everyone in my house can agree on, it’s peanut butter treats and dessert! Whether it’s a dessert dip like Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheeseball Dip or a spectacular layered dessert, Chocolate Peanut Butter Lush, we can all agree that we LOVE peanut butter anything!
These cookies have a soft-baked, thick, and chewy peanut butter cookie base and then loaded throughout with Reese’s Pieces. It adds the perfect touch of chocolate + peanut butter to these cookies with the crunchy melty bites of candy.
Why We Love These Peanut Butter Cookies!
- Peanut Butter! : Need I say more?! If you love peanut butter then these cookies are a must-make.
- Reese’s Pieces Candy : If you’re a fan of this candy then you’ll love these cookies. It’s like a giant Reese’s but in a homemade cookie.
- Simple Baking Ingredients : Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Simple baking ingredients + some candy is really all you need.
- All-Purpose Flour – I prefer using unbleached all purpose flour.
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt OR Kosher Salt – These are the best salt varieties to use when baking.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Don’t sub crunchy peanut butter and don’t use all-natural or no-stir varieties of peanut butter.
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar – Add some rich chewy texture to these cookies.
- Large Egg
- Vanilla Extract – For the best taste only use pure vanilla extract when baking.
- Reese’s Pieces – You can use the regular sized ones or if you can find the mini sized Reese’s Pieces, those are super fun to use as well. They are technically an ‘ice cream topping’ (the mini sized ones) so they can usually be found in that area of the store.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese’s Pieces Candy (Step-by-Step Image Directions)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, baking mat, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, or use a stand mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until combined and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Mix in 1 cup of the Reese’s Pieces candies.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough and place 12 cookie dough balls per cookie sheet.
- Press the remains Reese’s Pieces candy on top of each dough ball.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set and very lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the warm cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Or eat one warm! So good!
FAQ’s + Expert Tips
- Storage : Store the cookies inside an air-tight container, at room temperature, for up to 5 days.
- Freezing Cookie Dough : Once you scoop the dough balls of cookie (medium cookie scoop) you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Place the cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet and freeze them individually, before moving them to a freezer-safe container or bag, to freeze for up to 3 months. The dough can be baked from frozen, just be sure to add an additional 1-2 minutes to the bake time.
- Can I Freeze Peanut Butter Cookies? : Yes, of course! Once the cookies have cooled to room temperature, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container, and freeze for up to 1 month. Let them sit at room temperature to thaw slightly or place them in the fridge to thaw. You can also use the microwave to thaw.
- Use a Cookie Scoop : Using a Medium Cookie Scoop ensure that all the cookies are a uniform size, and it helps them bake up prettier.
- Can I Add Peanut Butter Chips? : Yes, feel free to use half peanut butter cups + half Reese’s Pieces candies. You can also use chopped up miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups in place of the Reese’s Pieces.
Try using chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (any variety) in place of the Reese’s Pieces in the recipe. Or use half and half of Reese’s Pieces + chopped up Reese’s peanut butter cups. Lots of fun options!
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- M&M Cookies
- Giant Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Banana Pudding Cookies
- Butterfinger Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Jello Cookies
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups Reese's Pieces divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, baking mat, or spray with cooking spray. * I recommend using parchment paper for the best results. Helps the cookies bake evenly and prevents the bottoms from getting browned.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, or use a stand mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until combined and creamy. * The mixture should be much lighter in color and look fluffy and creamy. About 1-2 minutes.4 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat just until combined.1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined and no flour streaks remain. * It's important to not over-beat the dough once you add the dry ingredients. Just mix until incorporated and no flour streaks remain in the dough.
- Stir in 1 cup of the Reese's Pieces until combined into the dough.1½ cups Reese's Pieces
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough and place it onto the prepared cookie sheet. * Place 12 cookie dough balls per cookie sheet.
- Press the remaining 1/2 cup of Reese's Pieces by placing a few on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or just until the edges of the cookies are set and starting to turn very lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the warm cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.