ONE POT TERIYAKI BEEF & RICE
My kids started back to school this week so I am sharing some family friendly and easy to make recipes this week. This one pot teriyaki beef and rice just may be the easiest of them all.
Ground beef, onion, bell pepper, broccoli, garlic, jasmine rice, beef broth and thick teriyaki sauce are all you need for this easy one pot dinner recipe. If you love that sweet teriyaki flavor with the crisp/soft fresh veggies then you will love this beef teriyaki and rice.
If you want more recipes that are perfect for busy weekdays then you will love this ultimate collection of easy back-to-school dinner recipes I put together.
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT TERIYAKI BEEF AND RICE WITH GROUND BEEF
Ground Beef - I use lean ground beef 93/7 but it really does not matter as you will drain the grease anyways.
Beef Broth - This recipe has been made dozens of times with full salt beef broth. If you use the 50% reduced sodium beef broth then you will need to add additional salt.
Thick Teriyaki Sauce - Don't confuse this with the thinner teriyaki marinade at the store. You want the thick, dark teriyaki sauce for this recipe.
Garlic - Use fresh cloves that you mince or press. Use garlic paste. Or use chopped garlic from a jar.
Red Bell Pepper
Jasmine Rice - This is the best rice to use for this recipe so for best results use jasmine rice. It's a thai rice that is fragrant and really delicious.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH TERIYAKI BEEF AND RICE
I try not to serve too much with main dishes like this one. I would rather my kids eat this than just the sides. But this would be great served with these :
- green salad with fresh veggies such as cucumber and tomatoes
- sliced fruit
- frozen egg rolls (bake them up in the oven while the teriyaki beef is cooking
TRY THESE OTHER ONE POT RECIPES
- one pot cheesy chicken broccoli and rice
- one pot chicken alfredo pasta
- chicken burrito skillet
- turkey taco rice skillet
- skillet cashew chicken
- one pot creamy sausage gnocchi
- one pot rigatoni bolognese
One Pot Teriyaki Beef & Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups beef broth
- 1 cup thick teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup Jasmine rice (dry & uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic
- In a skillet pan, with high sides and a lid, cook and crumble the ground beef, onion, and salt. Once beef is no longer pink drain the excess grease/liquid.
- Add beef broth, teriyaki sauce, rice, red bell pepper, broccoli, and garlic. Stir to combine everything.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with lid, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until no liquid remains. *Mine only takes 20 minutes to cook
- Stir it together and serve! Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, or some spicy mayo (if wanted).