Three kinds of chocolate make these triple chocolate cake mix cookies a very special sweet treat! Great for a Holiday cookie plate, a fun treat, or a delicious way to cure a chocolate craving. Chocolate cake mix, white chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips!
Once December hits I get so excited because that means it’s Holiday baking time! Expect lots of sweet treats on the blog this month 🙂 My husbands c0-workers will be excited because they’ll be getting lots of treats!
Since having our 4th baby two weeks ago I have not cooked at all. In fact, I think it’s been too long since I cooked or baked anything because I made 3 different recipes this past weekend and all three were ‘recipe fails’ and inedible…… luckily these triple chocolate cake mix cookies saved me.
Super chocolatey cookies with 3 kinds of chocolate. An easy chocolate cookie base made from a cake mix + some other staple pantry ingredients, milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips!
These cookies will flatten as they bake. Not too much but don’t expect a thick, puffy cookies from these. Also, if you like softer (almost fall apart cookie) and a fudgey cookie then cook these for the minimal time. My husband actually preferred it that way, but I like them cooked for the maximum amount of time. They were more like a chewy cookie texture.
One more tip is to be sure and let these cookies cool on the warm cookie sheet for 10 minutes after pulling them out of the oven. Cake mix cookies are a softer cookie and they need that time to set up.
Yields 24 cookies
For a pretty presentation place some chocolate chips on top of the dough balls before you place them in the oven. I put about 4 on top of each cookie ball.
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) devils food cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, or a stand mixer, beat together the cake mix, butter & eggs until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Add the oil & vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Stir in the milk chocolate & white chocolate chips until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls, or use a small cookie scoop, onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool all the way.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥