Dinner does not get any easier than this 7 can chicken taco soup! Dump 7 cans into a pot plus some seasonings and that’s it! Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream. You won’t believe how yummy & easy it is.
I am sure you have seen some sort of this ‘7 or 8 can soup’ floating around the internet & pinterest. I’ve made it more times than I can count but never posted it on the blog because……. it uses canned chicken! I know. I know. I am normally totally against canned meat of any kind (well, except tuna) but I promise you that it works in this soup. Somehow it tastes good and looks appetizing (which is hard to do with canned chicken).
If you have any issues with canned products well then come back tomorrow because today is all about the cans! My sister-in-law put this recipe into a family cookbook that we made. I remember making it the first few times and using my own shredded chicken in place of the canned chicken. I then made it with canned chicken and I texted her right after saying how surprisingly good it was with the canned chicken!
Feel free to use your own shredded chicken if that is what you prefer. But if you want an easy meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes and that tastes delicious, then this recipe is for you 🙂
The seasonings can always be customized to your preference. I used a packet of mild taco seasoning because I knew I was adding some other spices, and I wanted my kids to eat it without it being too spicy.
Use 1 1/2 cups of your own shredded chicken if that is what you prefer.
I used a packet of mild taco seasoning.
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (12.5 oz) chicken breast, drained & flaked
- 1 can (10 oz) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients into a large soup pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado!
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥