Everyone will love waking up to a warm baked oatmeal that tastes like a chocolate chip cookie! Pour some milk over a warm piece and it is pure comfort!
I had big plans to post new recipes over the weekend and then football happened……. This weekend was the start of College Football and if you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE college football. My team (BYU Cougars) played against Nebraska. Any Nebraska fans out there? It was an intense game to say the least. I would love to talk all about football but I am pretty sure most of you would probably not want me to. You’re here for the food, not hear me blab about my obsession with football 🙂
This oatmeal bake is so delicious & warm, and in my opinion the ultimate breakfast comfort food. I love this even more because you make it the night before, cover it with plastic wrap or a lid, and then stick it in the fridge overnight and it’s ready to bake up in the morning.
My son started all day kindergarten a couple of weeks ago and I have made this twice now. I just keep it in the fridge through out the week and warm up a piece for him, and my other two kids, in the morning. It’s really good served with some milk poured on top.
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 1/2 Cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Add in the oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and butter. Stir all the ingredients together until well combined, then pour into the prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake casserole for 25-30 minutes. The oatmeal will firm up and the liquid will be absorbed.
- Serve with milk or cream.
Happy Labor Day! We don’t have any big plans. Probably go shopping and take advantage of the sales. We have a huge outlet mall just minutes from where we live……… my husband hates it 😉
Enjoy friends! xoxo
recipe found here