This creamy broccoli wild rice soup comes together in a short amount of time thanks to a packaged box of wild rice, creamed broccoli soup, and frozen broccoli. So creamy, flavorful, and full of veggies.
Now that October is almost over we are finally getting some Fall type weather. I won't hold my breath though because Fall in Maryland is more like a mild summer. Which makes me really sad because Fall is by far my favorite season.
I love making soups anytime but they are one of our favorite meals especially during these cooler months. This creamy broccoli wild rice soup is a great meatless dinner that is creamy, full of flavor, and you get some veggies in.
I love using the packages of rice mix (like Uncle Ben's or Rice-a-Roni) because they make dinner simple and I actually love how they taste. This recipe calls for a can of creamy condensed soup which you know I don't normally use it in my cooking, but there are a handful of recipes that call for it on the blog. It makes this soup so creamy and brings a nice flavor to it. So this was one recipe that I didn't mind using the creamed soup in.
I did not add any additional salt to this soup. I also used regular chicken broth . If you used reduced-sodium chicken broth you may need to add some salt. It's completely up to your personal preference. Remember that the rice seasoning packet will have quite a bit of salt as well.
I used a 12 oz bag of steamable chopped broccoli (DO NOT cook it in the microwave first). It was almost exactly 3 cups.
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 oz) Long Grain & Wild Rice mix
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a large soup pot combine chicken broth and water. Pour in contents of rice mix and add the seasoning packet (that comes in the rice box) into the broth/rice mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn stove heat to medium-low and add in the condensed soup, milk, and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add in the frozen broccoli and shredded carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Season with salt & pepper, if needed.
Thanks for stopping by! Save this recipe and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥