Fancy Company Green Salad is a perfect weeknight side dish or fancy enough for company! Crisp, bright greens with crunchy rice noodles, sweet red & yellow peppers, sugared almonds, salty sunflower kernels, and green onions. Topped with a simple dressing. This salad is the perfect blend of texture, color, and flavor.
GREEN SALAD RECIPE
I love this fancy company green salad! Not sure where I got the recipe from or what it is originally called, but we’ve always called it ‘company green salad’ because I serve it when people are over for dinner, instead of my usual bagged salad and grape tomatoes 🙂
My kids love salad so I always try to have some sort of green salad on the dinner table.
Because of it’s convenience and ease it normally is bagged salad, which is great!
But this company green salad is so delicious, fancier than bagged salad, and perfect for serving guests or the family.
The great thing about this salad is that all the elements can be prepared ahead of time if needed.
Chop the bell peppers, toss the green lettuce and green onions together, prepare the dressing, and sugar the almonds.
The peppers, lettuce/green onion, and the dressing can all be stored in covered containers and placed in the fridge. Store the sugared almonds at room temperature.
If you are taking this salad somewhere else, just bring all the components and toss everything together when you need it.
Salad is much better with cold dressing on it.
I would highly suggest you make the dressing the morning of the day you need it, and let it chill in the fridge to get nice and cold.
I never thought I would be as obsessed with a green salad as I am this one. Whenever I make it, I usually end up eating so much of it that I don’t save room for the other stuff.
TRY THESE OTHER SALAD RECIPES
Company Green Salad
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag fancy leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, chopped small
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped small
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (3 oz) crispy rice noodles
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower kernels
- TO MAKE SUGARED ALMONDS: Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and sugar and cook until toasted and fragrant; about 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently to prevent burning. Spread onto a plate lined with a paper towel to cool.
- TO MAKE DRESSING: Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Chill until serving.
- TO MAKE SALAD: In large bowl combine lettuce, peppers, green onion, crispy rice noodles, sunflower kernels, and cooled sugared almonds. Toss with the dressing. Serve immediately. If not serving right away, prepare the different salad elements and keep separate. Toss with dressing when ready to serve.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST