Warm up to big bowl of this creamy corn chicken chowder. Comes together in 20 minutes so it's great for a busy weeknight meal!
I think I could eat soup every night and never get tired of it. So warm and comforting, and it's basically the best thing ever when you serve it in bread bowls. This creamy corn & chicken chowder is one of those soups/chowders that is amazing in a bread bowl.
During one of my many weekly grocery store trips I saw these frozen bread bowls in the freezer section that you cook for 10 minutes or so and then you have a warm, soft, crispy bread bowl for dinner. They were on sale so I am now the proud owner of about 20 bread bowls that are currently taking up precious space in my freezer. If there is ever a bread bowl shortage I guess we'll all know where to look 🙂
And, the best part is that this chowder comes together in 20 minutes! It's a great recipe to use leftover chicken in, a rotisserie chicken, or just quickly bake some chicken and add it in.
Give this a try. It's perfect for a weeknight meal when things are crazy hectic busy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 cans (14 oz each) cream-style corn
- 1½ cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or base
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large soup pot/sauce pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and red pepper; cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in creamed corn, chicken, evaporated milk, chicken bouillon, and pepper. Heat through while stirring occasionally. Do not let boil.