Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops are a simple, crock pot dinner recipe made with boneless pork chops, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and onion mushroom soup mix. So simple to make with only 4 ingredients. Serve these fall apart tender & creamy pork chops over mashed potatoes.
Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops (Crock Pot Pork Chops)
These crock pot mushroom soup pork chops will turn any mushroom hater into love at first bite! I don't like mushrooms, and that did not even stop me from eating these luscious and creamy pork chops that are fall apart tender.
The best part is that you only need 4 ingredients to make these and it's a dump & go recipe. Which makes it perfect for busy days or a nice weekend dinner with the family.
Here is the short list of ingredients that you will need to make these crock pot creamy pork chops with cream of mushroom soup and a seasoning packet.
- Boneless Pork Chops - I recommend using the regular cut pork chops and not the thick-cut. These come in 6-8 per pack, so just use the entire pack because there is plenty of sauce to go around.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth - This is the canned chicken broth that is 33% reduced sodium.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - I know this is not everyone's favorite ingredient but trust me, the long and slow cook time turns this into a creamy and rich sauce that does not even taste canned at all. This recipe calls for 2 cans of this ingredient.
- Onion Mushroom Soup Mix - I have only ever seen this made by the Lipton brand. You will find it by the other dried and boxed soup mixes at the store.
How To Make Crock Pot Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup
Learn how to make these creamy mushroom pork chops in your own kitchen with these easy to follow steps. Be sure and read to the bottom of the post where I share a detailed recipe card with all the ingredients, instructions, and all my tips.
- Step One : In a mixing bowl, or glass measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth, cream of mushroom soups, and packet of onion mushroom soup mix. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Step Two : Spray the insert of the crock pot with cooking spray and lay the pork chops into the bottom. It's ok if some are overlapping. Pour the gravy mix over the pork chops and stir it up a bit to make sure everything is coated in the sauce.
- Step Three : Cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.
- Step Four : Serve a pork chop over mashed potatoes, and drizzle some of the extra gravy over top.
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my helpful tips that will hopefully make this recipe easy to replicate in your own kitchen.
- Low & Slow : The trick to getting that perfectly fall apart tender pork chop is to let it cook for a long period of time at a low temperature. It may seem like you are cooking the pork to death, but it will be just fine because it's cooking in a creamy gravy which keeps it moist and flavorful through out the longer cook time.
- Pork Chops : I do not recommend using the thick-cut pork chops or the bone-in pork chops. This recipe was specifically designed around using 6-8 regular cut boneless pork chops. Of course you could always experiment with bone-in or thick-cut and see how you like it. Cooking time might increase slightly to get them tender.
- Serving : I highly suggest that you serve these mushroom pork chops over some mashed potatoes. They are heavenly with the creamy potatoes. You can also serve them over rice, pasta, or egg noodles.
- Chicken Broth : Make sure you are using the reduced sodium chicken broth (33% less sodium broth) in this recipe. You have plenty of salt from the seasoning mix and canned cream of mushroom soup. You could even use no salt added chicken broth if you're more sensitive to salt content.
Cream of Mushroom Soup Pork Chops FAQ's
- Can I Freeze this Pork Chop Recipe?
- Yes you can freeze this recipe. You can freeze the uncooked pork chops (as a freezer meal for later) or freeze the already cooked pork chops. I prefer to freeze the uncooked pork chops and gravy mix. It makes for an easy, dump & go, slow cooker freezer meal for later.
- If freezing cooked pork chops then let them cool to room temperature. Place the pork chops and gravy (you may not need all of it) inside a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to reheat and eat, you can either warm it up on the stove top or inside a crock pot.
- If freezing uncooked pork chops, place the pork chops inside a freezer-safe Ziploc bag or container. Mix up the gravy and pour it over top the pork. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, you can either thaw the pork in the fridge overnight or just throw it into the crockpot frozen. It's the same cook time as the recipe below, 6-8 hours on LOW heat.
- Serving Suggestions
- Variation & Substitution Ideas
- I suggest and recommend that you follow the recipe exactly, but there are a few substitutions that can be done if wanted.
- Seasoning Mix : If you can't find the onion mushroom soup mix then try using just the onion soup mix or mushroom soup mix. It should be easy to find the correct one, as it is a normal item in most grocery stores.
- Creamed Soup : If you really can't use the mushroom soup you can substitute with cream of chicken soup or even cream of celery soup. Also, feel free to make your own Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup instead of using canned.
- How To Store Leftovers
- Store leftovers in the fridge, inside an air-tight container, for up to 3 days.
More Pork Recipes & Cream of Mushroom Recipes You'll Love
- Sheet Pan Garlic Ranch Pork & Potatoes
- Easy Swedish Meatballs
- Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
- French Onion Smothered Pork Chops
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Easy Pork Schnitzel Recipe
Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
- 6-8 boneless pork chops
- 2 cans (10 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet Lipton onion mushroom soup mix
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a crockpot that has been sprayed with cooking spray. It’s ok if they’re slightly overlapping.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and contents from the onion mushroom soup mix packet. Stir with a whisk until combined.
- Pour the gravy sauce over the pork chops.
- Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, cooked white rice, or cooked pasta of choice. Spoon some of the extra gravy over top each serving. * My family prefers these pork chops served over mashed potatoes