Learn how to make Nutella Pie with this easy 4 ingredient no bake pie recipe! A graham cracker crust with a layer of Nutella, topped with a fluffy whipped Nutella and cream cheese filling, and then garnished with chopped hazelnuts. Everyone will love this easy pie recipe that is loaded with lots of Nutella!
Nutella Pie Recipe
My collection of no bake pies is growing and I'm not mad about it. Not one bit! This super easy Nutella Pie just might be my new favorite. If you love Nutella + hazelnuts then this is a must make.
No bake desserts are so simple to make, perfect for a summer dessert, nice enough for a Holiday spread, and they're a great make ahead option because most call for at least 8 hours of refrigeration.
This starts with a store bought graham cracker crust, topped with a creamy mousse like cream cheese Nutella filling, and then garnished with chopped hazelnuts.
Here is the short list of ingredients that you will need to make this Nutella pie. I also share some helpful tips for the ingredients so that you can have success recreating this in your own kitchen.
- 'Ready Crust' Graham Cracker Crust - A store bought crust that you will find in the baking aisle. I actually prefer, and recommend, using the store bought crust because it's convenient, tastes great, and they hold together better than homemade (in my opinion).
- Cream Cheese - For best taste and texture, I highly recommend using full-fat cream cheese, and not the reduced-fat lite cream cheese.
- Cool Whip
- Chopped Hazelnuts - This is an optional garnish if wanted. Sometimes it's hard to find hazelnuts at the grocery store so I don't always add the garnish. It does give the pie a nice crunchy texture, so try to find them and chop them up finely.
How To Make Easy Nutella Pie (No Bake Recipe)
Learn how to make this easy no bake pie with the simple steps below. Be sure and read to the bottom of the post where there is a printable recipe card, pin it button, so that you can save this recipe for later.
- Nutella Layer : Spread a layer of Nutella into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Whipped Nutella Filling : In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese and Nutella until combined. Fold in the Cool Whip and stir until it's combined well together. Pour this over the Nutella layer in the crust and smooth out the top.
- Fridge : Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the crust) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Serve : Finely crush the chopped hazelnuts and sprinkle them around the pie (like in the pictures). Cut into slices and serve.
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my helpful tips that will hopefully make this a success for your own family & friends.
- Refrigeration Time : I say this with all my no bake pie recipes. Make sure you plan ahead because this pie does need at least 8 hours of refrigeration time. It's a great make-ahead dessert to make the day before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. The pie won't thicken and set properly if you try to rush the fridge time.
- Roast Hazelnuts : Roasting the hazelnuts brings out a more nutty flavor. It's really yummy when paired with the sweet and creamy pie. Place hazelnuts in a skillet pan, over medium-low heat, and cook them for about 5 minutes. They should get darker in color and smell fragrant. Roast the hazelnuts after you have chopped/minced them into small pieces. If you can't find hazelnuts at the store, simply leave them off. Either way it's delicious!
- Cream Cheese : For the best flavor and texture, I highly recommend using full-fat cream cheese. Also, make sure that it is softened so it's easier to mix with the Nutella. If the cream cheese is cold, it will create lumps of cream cheese in the filling. Leave the cream cheese at room temperature for about an hour before making the pie. You can also microwave the unwrapped cream cheese for about 25 seconds. Just to soften it up, you don't want it hot.
Nutella Pie FAQ's
- Serving Suggestions
- Easy Nutella Pie is best served chilled straight from the fridge.
- How To Store Leftover No Bake Pie
- Leftover Nutella pie can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- The crust will get softer and softer the longer it's in there. But the flavors are so good still!
- I leave leftovers in the tin foil pie crust tin and then top it with the enclosed plastic lid. You can also move leftover pie into air-tight containers.
- Can I Freeze Nutella Pie?
- This pie can be frozen if wanted. I don't like freezing no bake pies because they seem to have an odd texture once they're thawed from frozen. But if wanted, you can freeze it.
- Follow the instructions, even the fridge time, and then double wrap the pie (with the plastic lid on it) in tin foil. Can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
- Yes! No bake desserts are the perfect recipe to make the day before. This pie actually does really well in the fridge for several days, so you can even make it 2 days before you need it. The pie needs at least 8 hours of refrigeration time. I make it the night before, leave it in the fridge overnight, until the next day when it's ready to serve it.
- Don't refrigerate the pie with the hazelnuts on top of it. Save those for right before serving.
- Crust : Make a homemade 9-inch graham cracker crust. You can also use a chocolate graham cracker crust instead for an even richer chocolate flavor. I have also seen shortbread crusts at the store, that one is yummy in this recipe as well.
- Garnish : If you can't find hazelnuts simply leave them off the pie. You can also top the pie with whipped cream (homemade or from a spray can) and a drizzle of warmed Nutella if wanted. Or eat it as is.
More No Bake Desserts You'll Love
- Pistachio Cheesecake Pie
- Triple Layer Lemon Pudding Pie
- Cream Cheese Cherry Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- Oreo Cream Pie
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
- Easy Banana Cream Pie
- No Bake Jello Pie
- 1 (6 oz) 'ready crust' graham cracker crust
- 1⅓ cups Nutella divided
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip thawed
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts for garnish optional
- Spread ⅓ cup of Nutella into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 1 cup of Nutella with an electric hand mixer until well mixed.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip with a spatula. Evenly spread the mixture into the crust, smoothing out the top.
- Top the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the store bought crust) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- * If using the hazelnuts, chop them up small and sprinkle them onto the pie right before serving. You can also serve the pie as is, drizzle some warmed Nutella over each slice, and/or use whipped cream (homemade or from a spray can) to decorate the outside edges of the pie.