Tender, flavorful chunks of chicken in an easy homemade sauce and cashews. This easy, one pot, 30 minute skillet cashew chicken will be a hit at the dinner table. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
This easy skillet cashew chicken is really simple, and it’s a quick 30-minute meal! Mine took a bit longer than 30 minutes because while making it, my daughter decided it would be a good idea to try and stir the sauce mixture, and it spilled everywhere. My kitchen still smells like soy sauce & sesame oil!
So, I had to make another batch of sauce. That girl loves to be in the kitchen helping me, but she just makes a mess of everything. If it wasn’t for her cute blond hair and pigtails I might just be a little upset about it 😉
I would suggest putting your rice in the pan to cook first. Because by the time the rice is cooked and cooled a bit, this skillet cashew chicken will be all ready to go.
Mix up your sauce in a glass measuring cup or a bowl. Cut your chicken into chunks and cook it in a pan. Add the sauce and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Easy & delicious! I highly recommend serving this with some chopped green onion on top. It really makes it so delicious.
Try these other recipes that use these Asian inspired ingredients too.
Tender, flavorful chunks of chicken in an easy homemade sauce and cashews. This easy, 30 minute skillet cashew chicken will be a hit at the dinner table. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size chunks
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted or lightly salted
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a glass measuring cup or a bowl. Whisk together to break up clumps. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into small, bite-size pieces and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on the outside, about 8 minutes. They may not be cooked all the way inside, but that's ok because they will cook more while simmering in the sauce. The chicken should look cooked on the outside. Drain.
- ** chicken gives off a lot of water while cooking, so I like to drain the chicken mixture at this point in a colander in the sink **
- Add sauce into the chicken, bring to a low boil, then turn heat down to medium low and let simmer for about 10-12 minutes. Mix cornstarch and cold water together and then pour into mixture (this will thicken it). Add cashews.
- Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onions.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥