This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
BBQ Beef Pasta Skillet is a one pan dinner made on the stove top in just 30 minutes! Ground beef, red bell pepper, corn, and pasta cook in a bbq beef broth base. Simple ingredients but huge flavor that the entire family will love & your house will smell like a BBQ restaurant.
BBQ BEEF PASTA SKILLET
This bbq beef pasta skillet will bring you the taste and smell of a slow cooked BBQ dinner in an easy, one pot dinner recipe, that is ready in just 30 minutes. The smell of your house alone is worth making this recipe!
A one pot dinner recipe that starts with ground beef, red bell pepper, and salt. Add beef broth, corn, bbq sauce, and pasta. It all cooks in the same pot and then gets smothered in shredded cheese. It’s a delicious dinner that even the picky eaters will love.
If you want more bbq inspired dinner recipes then be sure and make my bbq turkey sloppy joes, bbq beef tater tot casserole or my slow cooker root beer bbq shredded chicken.
HOW TO MAKE BBQ BEEF PASTA SKILLET
- Ground Beef
- Red Bell Pepper
- Beef Broth
- BBQ Sauce
- Frozen Corn
- Rotini Pasta
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
MY TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS
Use a good bbq sauce!
- I prefer using Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce for this recipe. The flavor really shines through in this recipe so make sure you use a good quality, good tasting bbq sauce.
- I would suggest not using a sweet bbq sauce like honey bbq sauce or brown sugar bbq sauce. It will give an oddly sweet taste to this savory dinner recipe.
Should I use reduced-sodium beef broth?
- I would suggest using the regular, full-salt beef broth as that is what the recipe has been tested with.
- Feel free to use the reduced sodium beef broth but you may want to increase the salt to 1 teaspoon while cooking the ground beef or add some salt at the end depending on preference.
Be sure and drain the ground beef after cooking
- You want to drain the excess liquid/grease after cooking the ground beef otherwise it will make the final dish really oily.
- Either use a paper towel to soak up all the excess liquid after cooking OR put a colander over a bowl/grease container and drain the cooked ground beef that way. Add the ground beef back into the pan after it has drained.
Can I make this dish spicy?
- The recipe as written is not spicy or hot at all.
- If you want to make it spicy try using shredded Pepper Jack cheese, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder in with the beef broth and pasta. You can also garnish and serve this dish with sliced jalapeños as well.
TRY THESE OTHER ONE POT DINNER RECIPES
One Pot Turkey Chili Mac & Cheese
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice
Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet
BBQ Beef Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 2 cups rotini pasta (dry uncooked pasta)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 12-inch skillet pan with sides and a lid, over medium-high heat, add ground beef, red bell pepper, and salt. Cook and crumble until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the beef broth, bbq sauce, dry uncooked pasta, and frozen corn. Stir together making sure that all the noodles are covered in the beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover with lid, and reduce heat to medium-low. Let cook for 20 minutes. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir together until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Sprinkle the remainng 1 cup of cheese on top and cover the pan with the lid until the cheese is melted.
- I love to serve this with sour cream and sliced green onion. You can also serve it as is with no toppings.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.
So happy to hear! Thanks for coming back to let me know.
Hmmm interesting. I’ve never had someone say that about this recipe, lol. I’m glad he likes it at least!
I left a comment on here last summer, but it doesn’t show up for some reason. I’ll be making this for my third time, this is such a delicious recipe!!!! I could not agree more to use the Brown Sugar Sweet Baby Ray’s. This is one of the few dishes my picky stepdaughter also loves and actually requests! I have never had any issues with smell lol have no idea what happened up there ^^
So good to hear this! Not sure what happened with the comment. Comments get easily lost in the mix cause I get lots each day. Thank you for letting me know and I am so glad she likes it.
Love this recipe! I’m making it right now for the second time in two weeks. Easy to pull together from the pantry and freezer. So good!