EASY HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI RECIPE
This homemade spaghetti recipe is always something that we can agree on for dinner! Easy to make, spaghetti noodles that the kids can twirl with a fork 🙂 , and something that the entire family loves.
It's a homemade ground beef spaghetti sauce that simmers on the stove top for maximum flavor. Add in cooked spaghetti noodles and mix it all together.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER
Cook and crumble ground beef, salt, and pepper in a skillet pan over medium-high heat. Once there is no pink remaining drain the grease (if needed).
Add in a can of tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, garlic, sugar, and Italian seasoning. Let simmer on LOW for 45 minutes. The sauce will thicken and become a deep dark red color while simmering. That's what you want.
Add in cooked pasta noodles and stir everything together. Serve with parmesan cheese if wanted.
DO I NEED TO SALT PASTA WATER?
YES! YES! Salt your pasta water. Otherwise you will end up with bland, tasteless pasta noodles. I add about 1 teaspoon salt to the boiling water.
MY TIPS FOR THIS SPAGHETTI RECIPE
- I tested this recipe (and make it) using full-salt regular beef broth. Feel free to use the 50% reduced-sodium beef broth if you prefer that. You may want to add some additional salt but just taste and see.
- You can use ground turkey in place of the ground beef for a healthier spaghetti dish.
- The tomato sauce w/ garlic, oregano, basil is very common in any grocery store. It will be by the other tomato sauces. Same with the tomato paste, be sure and get the tomato paste with Italian herbs.
- Use any pasta you want! My kids love classic spaghetti with the thin spaghetti noodles or angel hair noodles. You can also cook the entire 16 ounce box of pasta or just use ¾ the package (about 12 ounces). We prefer all the noodles so I cook up the entire box of pasta noodles. I also break the noodles in half before adding them to the boiling water. This makes the noodles easier to eat for little kids especially.
TRY THESE OTHER PASTA DINNER RECIPES
- baked spaghetti casserole
- easy parmesan garlic pasta
- slow cooker italian sausage & beef spaghetti sauce
- the best homemade spaghetti meat sauce
- cheesy taco spaghetti casserole
- ziti pasta bake
- creamy tomato beef pasta
- creamy beef noodle bake
- perfect instant pot baked ziti
Homemade Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14.75 oz) beef broth (I use full-salt beef broth for this recipe)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce w/ garlic, oregano, basil
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste w/ italian herbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 box (16 oz) thin spaghetti noodles
- Cook and crumble ground beef, salt, and pepper in a large skillet pan (with high sides on it), over medium-high heat, until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, sugar, and Italian seasoning. Stir together until mixed well. Bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to LOW and let simmer for 45 minutes. * The sauce will thicken lots & turn a deep dark red color while simmering.
- About 10-15 minutes before the spaghetti sauce is done cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain in a colander but do not rinse the noodles. Add the cooked noodles into the spaghetti sauce and mix everything together until all noodles are coated in the sauce. Serve with parmesan cheese if wanted.