Instant Pot cilantro lime rice is so fluffy & full of lime and cilantro flavor, and it’s a quick & easy Instant Pot recipe. Just a few simple ingredients and you have the perfect side dish to any meal.
There is no shortage of rice recipes on this blog. To say we love rice would be an understatement. My daughter asks for rice as a snack and I used to come home from school every single day and melt some cheese on rice and devour it!
I am pretty sure I passed on my love of rice to my daughter. My oldest still refuses to touch rice but I’m working on him 🙂
Today’s Instant Pot version of cilantro lime rice is a quick & easy, and basically hands-free recipe. No boiling water, no covering with the lid and reducing the heat, and no wondering if the rice will stick to the bottom of the pan.
Just dump a few ingredients into the Instant Pot and let it cook. Once it’s done, you’ll add a few mix-in ingredients and that’s it.
How to make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
To the Instant Pot insert add a can of chicken or vegetable broth, water, oil (to prevent sticking), lime juice, and white long-grain rice. I actually use basmati rice and that works fine too.
Cover with the lid and make sure the vent is on the ‘sealed’ position.
Push the ‘rice’ button which will automatically put a 12 minute cook time on your Instant Pot. When the cook time goes off let the rice sit there (do not even remove the lid or anything) for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, do a quick release of the remaining pressure and fluff the rice.
Add in some chopped cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice.
Tips for making Cilantro Lime Rice in the Instant Pot
I have never tried this recipe with brown rice. Brown rice usually requires more water and more cook time, so attempt at your own risk 🙂
Make sure to use white long-grain rice for this recipe. You can also use basmati rice which is what I prefer.
We like this recipe with the chicken broth better than vegetable broth. But either one works and use whichever you prefer.
Get yourself a citrus zester if you don’t already have one. You’ll find it any store and it adds so much bright and fresh flavor to this recipe.
Be sure that when the cook time is done to let the rice just sit there, inside the IP with the lid still on and everything, for 5 minutes. This helps continue cooking the rice and gets it basically perfect.
I always use the full-salt chicken broth for this recipe. If you use reduced-sodium you may have to add some salt depending on taste preferences.
Try these other rice recipes
- The Best Cilantro Lime Rice (made on the stove top)
- Mexican Rice (so easy & uses salsa)
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 cups white long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped (about 1 small cilantro bunch)
- zest & juice of 1 lime
- Add the can of broth, water, oil, lime juice, and long-grain rice into the Instant Pot insert. Stir.
- Cover with lid making sure the vent is in the 'sealed' position. Push the 'rice' button which should have a 12 minute cook time.
- Once cook time is over leave the rice in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes. Do a quick release for the remaining pressure. Fluff the rice.
- Add chopped cilantro, zest & juice of 1lime into the rice and stir together to combine. Transfer rice to a serving bowl and serve!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST