Peanut butter cookies stuffed with a miniature Reese’s peanut butter cup! These thick & soft baked peanut butter cookies are full of peanut butter flavor with a candy surprise in the middle.
These peanut butter surprise cookies are one of our favorite treats. Anything that involves peanut butter and chocolate is sure to be a hit at my house.
These cookies are thick, puffy, and soft baked. A peanut butter cookie with a Reese’s peanut butter cup on the inside, and a delicious sugar coating that gives the cookie a sweet sugar crunch.
Feel free to use any Reese’s miniature you want. They have so many different flavors now so pick your favorite and get baking.
These are also a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. I always have mine unwrap all the Reese’s miniatures. By the time they are done unwrapping the cookie dough will be ready.
The easiest way to stuff the inside is to grab a golf ball sized piece of dough and flatten it slightly on the palm of your hand. Place the unwrapped Reese’s in the middle and then bring up the sides and roll into a ball.
You want to make sure that the cookie dough is completely covering the surprise in the middle.
How to make peanut butter cookies stuffed with Reese’s
- Prepare a simple peanut butter cookie dough. The usual ingredients of butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and just a touch of salt.
- Unwrap Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups and place in a bowl.
- Put some sugar in a bowl to roll the dough balls in.
- Grab a golf ball sized piece of cookie dough and flatten slightly on your palm. Place a Reese’s in the middle and bring up the sides of the dough and roll into a ball. Make sure that the Reese’s is completely inside the dough.
- Roll the dough ball in some sugar and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake but be sure not to overbake. The cookies should still be a pale color. Let them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Promise me you’ll eat one warm….. seriously the best thing ever 🙂
These are one of our favorite cookie recipes. The recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies so if you’re wanting a smaller batch, then half the recipe. It works great! And promise you’ll eat one warm…. life changing I tell you 🙂
Try these other peanut butter recipes too
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cups
- Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- Muddy Buddy Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag (12 oz) Reese's miniatures
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silpat liner, parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Remove the foil and paper wrapper from each peanut butter cup and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour and combine until just incorporated.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons (about the size of a golf ball) and flatten it slightly in the palm of your hand. Place a Reese's miniature in the center and bring up the cookie dough around the Reese's to form a ball. Roll it in your hands to create a ball making sure the peanut butter cup is completely covered. Roll the dough ball in the 1/4 cup sugar to coat the outside of it and place it on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and place 12 to a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely. These cookies are really good warm!
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
This recipe was originally published December 2015.
It has been updated and republished September 2018.