This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
This Peanut Butter Pie is creamy, velvety, and irresistible! A no bake pie with a smooth and fluffy peanut butter filling inside a sweet graham cracker crust. Top this easy pie with a peanut butter drizzle and chopped peanuts for the ultimate peanut butter lovers dessert.
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe – No Bake!
If you love peanut butter desserts then this peanut butter pie is a must-make! My house loves anything peanut butter, especially when it comes to sweet treats and cookies! Whether it be Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies (stuffed with a Reese’s), Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies, or these No Flour Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – we are a fan of it all!
This easy to make, no bake peanut butter pie is the best of both worlds! You get that classic peanut butter flavor in a light & creamy texture + the ease of a no bake pie which means the prep time is just minutes.
Ingredients Needed & Substitution Ideas
- Cream Cheese – For the best flavor and rich thick texture, I highly recommend using full-fat cream cheese in this no bake dessert. The reduced-fat or lite option can be used if that’s what you prefer. This is the brick style cream cheese and not the whipped cream cheese that comes in the container.
- Powdered Sugar – Sweetener for the creamy peanut butter filling.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Cool Whip – If you don’t want to use Cool Whip then make homemade whipped cream. Simply add 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream + 1/4 cup powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. This takes about 4-5 minutes. Start on low speed and increase speed as needed.
- Ready-To-Use Graham Cracker Crust – This is the prepared, ready crust that you will find in the baking aisle. Feel free to swap this out with any other ready crust like Oreo, shortbread, reduced-fat graham cracker, etc.
- Chopped Salted Peanuts – A crunchy and salty garnish for the pie. Substitute chopped Reese’s instead, mini chocolate chips, chopped peanut butter cookies (like Nutter Butter), or omit the topping entirely.
- Additional Creamy Peanut Butter – Heated in microwave to drizzle over top the pie (or each slice) for serving.
How To Make This Creamy Peanut Butter Pie (Step-by-Step Directions)
- In a mixing bowl using a hand mixer, or use a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s light, fluffy, and combined well. About 1-2 minutes of beating. You want to make sure it’s really fluffy and lighter in color before proceeding.
- Mix in the peanut butter until it’s creamy and thick, and combined well.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip, with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, until it’s a creamy and fluffy mixture.
- Spread the peanut butter pie filling into the prepared graham cracker crust and even it out on top.
- Cover it with the enclosed plastic lid (from the crust) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight is even better.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the chopped peanuts over top the pie and warm up some creamy peanut butter in the microwave to drizzle across the pie.
How To Store No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Storing leftovers is simple since it’s a no bake pie. After serving, cover the remaining pie tightly with plastic wrap or the plastic lid (from the ready crust), or place the leftover pie servings into airtight containers. The pie can keep well in the fridge for 4 days.
To freeze the peanut butter pie, make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then again in foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Can I Use Nut Butter or All-Natural Peanut Butter In Peanut Butter Pie?
I recommend only using regular creamy peanut butter because it will give the smoothest & most velvety texture results. However, you can use crunchy peanut butter for more texture.
If you wish to substitute another nut butter, such as almond butter or cashew butter, please be aware that the consistency of the pie may change, as the other nut butters tend to have a different thickness than creamy peanut butter.
All-natural or no-stir varieties of creamy peanut butter might work well, I just don’t use those enough (if at all) to know how it would change the consistency. I would imagine that they would be fine to use in this recipe, as long as you use the ones that are already mixed and don’t have that thick layer of oil on top that needs to be mixed in. But again, sometimes those peanut butters can have a thicker consistency so it may slightly change the fluffy and light texture of the pie if you use them.
There are lots of ways to jazz this peanut butter pie up for serving. Here are some ideas!
- Chopped Miniature Reese’s – For ease, buy the unwrapped mini Reese’s and either garnish the pie with them whole or chop them in half. You can also use any Reese’s variety you want!
- Honey Roasted Peanuts – Use these sweeter peanuts for the garnish instead of salted peanuts.
- Peanut Butter Powder – Try a dusting of peanut butter powder over top the pie.
- Cocoa Powder – A dusting of cocoa powder over top.
- Chocolate Sauce or Syrup
- Whipped Cream – I recommend making some homemade whipped cream and using a piping bag to pipe it along the edge of the pie, OR just spread the whipped cream over top the pie for like a double layer (peanut butter pie + whipped cream). You can use the spray whipped cream from the store, but be aware that it melts pretty quickly and is much softer, so for the best presentation, I recommend making homemade whipped cream at home and using that as a garnish. Buying an additional tub of Cool Whip will also work for the top layer of whipped cream if wanted.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cookies – Chop up some Nutter Butter cookies for a fun topping.
- Warmed Creamy Peanut Butter Drizzle – Warm up about 1/4 cup (more or less to taste) of creamy peanut butter in the microwave. Drizzle it over top the pie or over each slice before serving.
- Slicing Tip : When serving the pie, use a sharp, clean knife and run it under hot water before each slice. This helps create clean and smooth slices, prevent the filling from sticking to the knife.
- Chilling Time : For optimal results, be patient and allow the pie to chill for the recommended 8 hours, or overnight is even better (like 12 hours +). This ensures that the filling sets properly and attains the desired firmness.
- Softened Cream Cheese : To ensure that the cream cheese blends smoothly and avoids lumps, make sure it is softened at room temperature before using. Remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour before making this recipe.
More No Bake Pies You’ll Love
- No Bake Jello Pie
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- No Bake Oreo Pudding Pie
- Easy Nutella Pie
- Lemonade Pie
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (6 oz) 9-inch graham cracker ready-crust
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Using a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until light, fluffy, and combined well. About 2 minutes.1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar
- Add in the creamy peanut butter and beat until creamy and thick.3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip using a rubber spatula or mixing spoon.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Spread the peanut butter filling into the prepared, ready-to-use graham cracker crust and smooth out the top.1 (6 oz) 9-inch graham cracker ready-crust
- Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the crust) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight is even better.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the chopped peanuts over top the pie and cut into slices. * I like to warm up some creamy peanut butter (about 1/4 cup or more) in the microwave and then drizzle it over top the pie before I add the peanuts. You can also use chocolate sauce, mini chocolate chips, chopped Reese's peanut butter cups, or chopped peanut butter cookies as a topping.1/4 cup chopped peanuts