Strawberry Cream Pie in a flaky pie crust, sweet creamy layer, fresh strawberries, and a milk chocolate drizzle. Easy to make and so delicious.
STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE
The minute I see strawberries that are finally looking good, I grab a pack and make this strawberry cream pie! This pie gets made several times during the spring and summer. One time is just never enough 🙂
Juicy ripe strawberries with a milk chocolate drizzle, a creamy layer, and a flaky pie crust.
Words can't explain this delicious pie so be sure and make it asap.
HOW TO MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE
- Bake pie crust according to the package directions OR according to the recipe directions if you are making homemade. Let cool completely.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mix and blend together until combined. Evenly spread it into the crust.
- Top with chopped or halved strawberries and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle melted milk chocolate chips over the strawberries and serve!
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before using to avoid lumps. Place unwrapped cream cheese on a plate and microwave for about 30-35 seconds. This will get the cream cheese nice and soft but not burning hot and melted.
- I have done it both ways with the strawberries. Cutting them in half (the long ways) and placing them flat side down on top of the cream layer OR chop them into small pieces. The smaller chopped pieces are easier for kids to eat but the larger strawberries look really pretty so do either way.
- I actually love the frozen pre-made pie crusts from the store. I always buy the Marie Callender's brand and it's so flaky. If you want, go ahead an make your own 9" pie crust.
TRY THESE OTHER STRAWBERRY DESSERT RECIPES
Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 (9") frozen store-bought pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb strawberries (chopped OR cut in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Bake pie crust according to the package instructions. Let cool completely!
- In a small bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat together with a mixer until combined.
- Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix and blend togehter until combined. Evenly spread into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Top with the chopped or halved strawberries and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries and serve. Chocolate will harden up fairly quickly so you won't have a melted chocolate mess.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST