Roasted garlic parmesan sweet potatoes are coated in a mixture of garlic, parmesan, and seasonings and then baked until soft on the inside and buttery, crispy on the outside. One bowl and a few simple ingredients are all you need for a delicious side dish to Easter dinner or any Holiday dinner table.
Our house has been on the market for a week and I have to say that I completely and totally underestimated just how hard it would be to keep it “show ready” at all times. I’ve got 4 kids and a husband who works long hours so it’s not the easiest thing I’ve ever done. I have all this stuff I want to make but I am always afraid to start making something for fear that we’ll get a call for a showing and I’ll be like mid cake mess in the kitchen 🙂
Which by the way, actually happened the other day. I had just put a sheet cake into the oven when we heard a knock at the door for a surprise showing that we had no idea had been scheduled! Talk about stress and anxiety times a hundred. I turned off the oven and hurried and threw the dishes in the dishwasher. Came back an hour later to a ruined and semi-baked, gooey cake. It was so sad and completely ruined my day.
Luckily these roasted garlic parmesan sweet potatoes literally took minutes to make so I didn’t have to worry about a huge mess. Chunked sweet potatoes are mixed with parmesan cheese, butter, olive oil, seasonings, and garlic. They are then roasted and baked in the oven. The inside is soft while the outside is crispy and buttery.
I always have to have a sweet potato side dish of some sort at any Holiday dinner. With Easter right around the corner I know that these roasted sweet potatoes would be a big hit at the dinner table. I am also thinking Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, you get the idea. Or, be like me and make these for lunch 🙂
I’ve always loved sweet potatoes so I would eat them anytime! It’s always my favorite dish at the Holiday dinner table. If you love them as much as I do then be sure and check out this easy buttery cracker sweet potato casserole. It is seriously my favorite sweet potato casserole ever and you would not believe how easy it is to make. No peeling and chopping any sweet potatoes!
These maple roasted sweet potatoes are also a family favorite side dish as well. Roasted and baked in the oven but with a maple cinnamon glaze. They’re really yummy too!
Tips for making roasted garlic parmesan sweet potatoes
- Be sure to not cut the sweet potatoes too small. You want to aim for 1″ chunks. If they are too small they will turn mushy and soft. But, if they are too big then they will never cook in time to get that soft inside and crispy, buttery outside. Try to cut them all in the same 1″ chunk size.
- If you want to make this side dish almost dish free then mix the sweet potato chunks + other ingredients in a gallon-sized Ziploc and shake together. Pour out the contents onto the cookie sheet and bake away.
- I prefer to use the cheaper grated parmesan cheese that comes in the green bottle. You can use freshly shredded/grated parmesan cheese but I feel it tends to burn easily so I don’t care to use it oven baked dishes like these sweet potatoes.
- For some flavor and a pretty garnish, chop up some fresh parsley and sprinkle on top of the baked sweet potatoes before serving.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes are coated in a mixture of garlic, parmesan, and seasonings and then baked until soft on the inside and butter, crispy on the outside. One bowl and a few simple ingredients are all you need for a delicious side dish to Easter dinner or any Holiday dinner table.
- 3 cups chopped sweet potatoes (1" chunks) about 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or garlic paste (or about 3 garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with tin foil or parchment paper. Very lightly spray the tin foil or parchment paper to prevent any sticking.
Place chopped sweet potatoes into a bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir together until all sweet potatoes are coated. Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and evenly spread out so that no potatoes are overlapping.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Stirring up the potatoes at least twice during cook time so that all sides can get crispy and roasted. I like mine really roasted so I baked for the full 25 minutes.
Serve warm and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or dried parsley flakes, if wanted.
I prefer to use the cheap parmesan cheese that comes in the green can. The kind you will find in the pasta sauce/pasta aisle of the grocery store. You can use freshly grated parmesan cheese but I find that it burns easily while being baked and can taste bitter when burnt.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST