Salsa verde beef tacos can be on the dinner table in just 15 minutes! Ground beef seasoned with homemade taco seasoning and jarred salsa verde. So much flavor that pairs well with all the toppings in crunchy corn taco shells.
SALSA VERDE GROUND BEEF TACOS
We love these salsa verde beef tacos for a fun twist to taco night.
I tend to be one of those people that has a hard time eating the same thing over and over again. Like ground beef tacos with the taco seasoning and water.
There are just so many different kinds of tacos so why stick with the same one?! 🙂
Especially when it’s as easy as these salsa verde beef tacos. Combine some spices to make your own taco seasoning, some jarred salsa verde, and a pound of ground beef. That’s all you need for these delicious tacos that can be on the dinner table in just 15 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF TACOS
- Brown and crumble a pound of ground beef in a skillet pan. Once it’s no longer pink, drain if necessary, and return to the pan.
- Add the seasonings and salsa verde. Mix together. Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for a few minutes while you get the toppings ready.
- Serve in corn taco shells, flour tortillas, inside a quesadilla, topping for nachos, or over lettuce for a taco bowl! Don’t forget all the taco toppings.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- To save time, use a bag of pre-shredded lettuce. I always do this because it’s so easy. You’ll find shredded lettuce by the other bagged salad mixes in the grocery store.
- Put all the toppings in bowls and set out buffet style on the table.
- For the best taco in the world, follow the instruction on the crunchy corn taco box to heat the taco shells. It makes a huge difference in how good the tacos are. Typically, you place the taco shells on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 5-6 minutes. The shells get brown and toasty and have this incredible crunch to them.
- I like to chop up some cilantro and mix it in with the cooked meat. I love the flavor it adds.
- Be sure and buy the mild salsa verde. It’s not too spicy for kids but if you want some heat then get a medium or hot version of the salsa verde.
SIDE DISH IDEAS FOR GROUND BEEF TACOS
- Pico de Gallo Guacamole
- Southwestern Corn
- Avocado, Corn & Tomato Salad
- Mexican Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Salsa Verde Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a skillet pan, over medium high heat, brown and crumble the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Turn heat to low and add the salsa verde and spices. Mix together and let simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve inside crunchy corn taco shells or soft tacos with desired toppings.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST