This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
The most popular “toy” in the house is my iPhone. I don’t know what it is about it, actually I do, it’s the Netflix App that’s on it. But my kids are drawn to my phone. If I can’t find my phone then chances are one of them has it and they’re watching Netflix on it.
The other day I found them all downstairs curled up in blankets on the couch watching Netflix on my phone. It was kind of cute, I’ll admit.
This really has nothing to do with today’s recipe besides the fact that somehow (I blame my mischievous 3 year old blondie) they deleted pictures off of my phone during one of their “Barbie-movies-binge-watching-sessions” on Netflix.
I take all the blog photos you see on this blog with my iPhone so you can imagine what would happen when pictures are deleted…… you, my amazing readers, end up with 4 pictures of basically the same shot, haha 🙂 So sorry!
Hopefully they convince you that you must make these slow cooker chicken taco burrito bowls because they are insanely delicious and incredibly easy too.
Dump a few ingredients along with some chicken breasts into a slow cooker and let that cook all day. The meat will literally fall apart at the touch of a fork when you shred it.
Sprinkle some cheese on top of the shredded chicken mixture in the slow cooker and cover with the lid and let the cheese melt. Serve with some cilantro lime rice, or rice of your choice, and all your favorite taco toppings.
This is also a great weeknight dinner because you can leave it on the WARM setting in the slow cooker and people can get theirs whenever they’re home.
If you are feeding a smaller family you will have lots of leftovers which will basically provide a second meal. Use the leftovers for quesadillas, burrito filling, nachos, or tacos.
SERVE THE BURRITO BOWLS WITH THESE
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Mexican Rice
- Salsa Verde Guacamole
- Pico de Gallo Guacamole
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Burrito Bowls
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1½ cups frozen yellow corn
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- rice of choice and taco toppings for serving
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle the salt, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder onto the chicken and rub it in, making sure the chicken is coated in the spices. * I like to flip the chicken over and make sure there is seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- Dump the salsa, black beans, and frozen corn on top. Cover with the lid and let cook for 6-8 hours.
- When cook time is done, take the chicken out of the crock pot and use two forks to shred it. Add it back in and stir everything together.
- Sprinkle cheese over it and cover with the lid. Let sit for about 5 minutes so the cheese can melt.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve a scoop of chicken burrito filling over some rice and top with all your favorite taco toppings.
Save this recipe and PIN IT to PINTEREST