Honey Glazed Ham made easy in the slow cooker with brown sugar, honey, and dijon mustard. This easy ham recipe is a dump & go recipe where you let the slow cooker do all the work. And it even makes it's own gravy.
Try this brown sugar ham, that's also made in the slow cooker, but it uses a bone-in spiral ham so you get tons of flavor!
HONEY GLAZED HAM
This slow cooker honey glazed ham recipe is probably one of the easiest things you'll make.
I am a big fan of recipes that are simple to make but taste like you spent all day slaving away in the kitchen. Because who really wants to be in the kitchen all day? Well, me sometimes 🙂 I love being in the kitchen.
It is very similar to this crock pot turkey breast recipe because it's smaller (about 5 pounds) and there are no bones or big huge pieces of meat that won't fit in a slow cooker to deal with.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR HONEY GLAZED HAM
Boneless Spiral Sliced Ham - You need a 4 to 5 pound ham for this recipe.
Brown Sugar - If you prefer a deeper, more molasses flavor then use dark brown sugar. I use light brown sugar.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BONELESS HAM RECIPE
- Unwrap the ham. It will come in a net and then also be wrapped in gold or silver foil. Unwrap it all from the ham. It also comes with a glaze packet but you don't need it so throw it away or you can find another use for it. Place the ham (with the flat side down) inside the slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and water. Stir and heat until the sugar is dissolved. This only takes about 2 minutes. You don't need it boiling or anything, you just want the mixture smooth and the sugar dissolved.
- Pour the glaze over the ham in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW heat for 5-6 hours. At least 3-4 times during the cook time, take a spoon or a baster, and pour the glaze over the ham. As the ham cooks you will be able to see the slices better, and you can pour the glaze right in the middle of the slices.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS HAM RECIPE
- Be sure and pour the glaze (from the bottom of the slow cooker) on top of the ham during the cook time. Doing this at least 3-4 times will be good. The ham is pre-sliced but you won't really see the slices until it cooks for a couple of hours. That makes it easier to baste the ham in the glaze because you can pour it between the slices.
- Thickening the glaze on the stove top, after the cook time, is completely optional. You can just drizzle the glaze from the slow cooker directly over the ham slices when you serve it. If you want it slightly thicker then strain the glaze and add it into a saucepan on the stove top with some water + cornstarch.
- Look for a 4-5 pound BONELESS, SPIRAL CUT ham. There are so many different hams to choose from so just make sure yours is boneless, and it's a spiral cut ham.
SERVE THIS HONEY GLAZED HAM WITH THESE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Green Bean Casserole - This is so unique because it's better than any green bean casserole I've had and it has no mushrooms and no creamed soup in the recipe. It's a must make side dish recipe for this ham.
Sweet Corn Casserole - My favorite way to make corn casserole. So moist thanks to the creamed corn, sour cream and melted butter. It's delicious.
Honey Butter Skillet Corn - One skillet pan, frozen corn, and a couple other ingredients is all you need for this really easy to make corn recipe.
TRY THESE OTHER HAM RECIPES THAT WOULD BE GREAT WITH THE LEFTOVERS
Macaroni & Cheese Ham Casserole - An easy casserole that uses leftover ham chunks, cheese, and cooked pasta noodles.
Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches - Hawaiian slider rolls filled with sliced cheese, leftover ham, and mayo. Brush the tops of the rolls with a seasoned butter and bake it. These are so warm and cheesy.
Ham Broccoli Rice Casserole - Another great casserole recipe filled with rice, vegetables, and leftover ham.
Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
- 4-5 pound boneless, spiral sliced ham (make sure it's pre-cooked)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
Thicken the honey glaze (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Unwrap the ham and place it flat side down into the slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and water. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. About 1-2 minutes. Pour the glaze over the ham.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 5-6 hours. * 3-4 times during the cook time, take a baster or a large spoon, and pour some of the glaze over top of the ham.
- Take the ham out and place onto a serving plate. At the end of the cook time the slices of ham should be noticeable so take a knife and finish cutting the slices. Use the glaze from the slow cooker and pour some over the ham slices. Serve!
(Optional) Thicken the Glaze
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Set the heat to medium-high. Mix together the cornstarch + water and pour into the saucepan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it boils. Reduce heat and let simmer until desired thickness is reached. *As it sits off the heat it will thicken up more** If wanted, use a fine mesh strainer to strain the liquid before pouring it into the saucepan. This would make the gravy smooth with no fat chunks or anything it it. I prefer to do it this way.