Honey Glazed Ham made in the slow cooker! Boneless, spiral sliced ham cooks in an easy 4 ingredients honey glaze. So flavorful and even easier to make this ham recipe.
HONEY GLAZED HAM
This slow cooker honey glazed ham recipe is probably one of the easiest things you’ll make.
I am a big fan of recipes that are simple to make but taste like you spent all day slaving away in the kitchen. Because who really wants to be in the kitchen all day? Well, me sometimes 🙂 I love being in the kitchen.
It is very similar to this crock pot turkey breast recipe because it’s smaller (about 5 pounds) and there are no bones or big huge pieces of meat that won’t fit in a slow cooker to deal with.
I like the idea of a big huge ham but we always have so many leftovers that never get eaten. Instead, I prefer just using a smaller, 5 lb spiral ham because it’s easier to deal with and it slices so nicely.
This small ham makes about 20 slices. Say you serve two slices to a person, you can easily feed 10 people with just this one small ham.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR HONEY GLAZED HAM
- 4-5 lb boneless, spiral sliced ham
- brown sugar
- dijon mustard
HOW TO MAKE THIS BONELESS HAM RECIPE
- Unwrap the ham. It will come in a net and then also be wrapped in a foil, usually gold or silver. It also comes with a glaze packet but you don’t need it, so throw it away or you can find another use for it. Place the ham (with the flat side down) inside the slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and water. Stir and heat until the sugar is dissolved. This only takes about 2 minutes. You don’t need it boiling or anything, you just want the mixture smooth and the sugar dissolved.
- Pour the glaze over the ham in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW heat for 5-6 hours. At least 3-4 times during the cook time, take a spoon or a baster, and pour the glaze over the ham. As the ham cooks you will be able to see the slices better, and you can pour the glaze right in the middle of the slices.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS HAM RECIPE
- Be sure and pour the glaze (from the bottom of the slow cooker) on top of the ham during the cook time. Doing this at least 3-4 times will be good. The ham is pre-sliced but you won’t really see the slices until it cooks for a couple of hours. That makes it easier to baste the ham in the glaze because you can pour it between the slices.
- Thickening the glaze on the stove top, after the cook time, is completely optional. You can just drizzle the glaze from the slow cooker directly over the ham slices when you serve it. If you want it slightly thicker then strain the glaze and add it into a saucepan on the stove top with some water + cornstarch.
- Look for a 4-5 pound BONELESS, SPIRAL CUT ham. There are so many different hams to choose from so just make sure yours is boneless, and it’s a spiral cut ham.
Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
Honey glazed ham made in the slow cooker! Boneless, spiral sliced ham cooks in an easy 4 ingredients honey glaze. So flavorful and even easier to make this ham recipe.
- 4-5 pound boneless, spiral sliced ham (make sure it's pre-cooked)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
Thicken the honey glaze (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Unwrap the ham and place it, flat side down, into the slow cooker.
In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and water. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the glaze over the ham.
Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 5-6 hours.
* 3-4 times during the cook time, take a baster or a large spoon, and pour some of the glaze over top of the ham.
Take the ham out and place onto a serving plate. At the end of the cook time the slices of ham should be noticeable so take a knife and finish cutting the slices. Use the glaze from the slow cooker and pour some over the ham slices. Serve!
If you want to thicken the honey glaze at the end of the cook time, take the ham out of the slow cooker and pour the glaze into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Mix together the cornstarch + water and pour into the saucepan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until it boils. Reduce heat and let simmer until desired thickness is reached. As it sits off the heat, it will thicken up more.
My ham was 4 pounds so it was done at about 5 hours of cook time. If your ham is 5 pounds or slightly larger, then you may need the full 6 hours.
Make sure the ham you buy is PRE-COOKED. You are basically just bringing the ham to temperature in the slow cooker and infusing it with a sweet honey glaze. No need to temp the ham. Just watch it and pull it out when it's done (again, about 5-6 hours cook time).
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER AND PIN IT TO PINTEREST