Tomato Hamburger Vegetable Soup is an easy tomato based soup recipe that is filled with ground beef, seasonings, and uses frozen vegetables for ease and convenience.
TOMATO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
I've been holding out on you all with this tomato hamburger vegetable soup recipe. I mentioned when I posted these soft & fluffy one hour rolls that we dipped the rolls in this delicious hamburger vegetable soup. And let me tell you, I have had a craving for it ever since.
We loved this soup so much that it's already made it into next weeks menu plan. The best part is that it's so easy to make and the smell of it simmering on the stove top is one of my favorite things ever.
HOW TO MAKE HAMBURGER SOUP
Onion - Yellow, white, or a vidalia sweet onion are all great options.
Garlic - Use fresh garlic cloves that have been pressed or minced. Use the chopped garlic from a jar. Or you can use garlic paste in the tube that you'll find in the refrigerated area of the produce section.
Potatoes - I always use Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe but red potatoes would also be good.
Beef Broth - I normally use one can of regular beef broth and one can of the reduced sodium beef broth. If you use all low-sodium beef broth then you may need to end up adding some additional salt.
Condensed Tomato Soup
Petite Diced Tomatoes - Yes you can use the diced tomatoes but I love the petite diced tomatoes because the chunks are much smaller than regular diced tomatoes.
Frozen Mixed Vegetables - Just get a bag of mixed vegetables. It really does not matter what kind of veggies are in there, just make sure you like them. I stick with the bag of peas, carrots, corn, and green beans.
Worcestershire Sauce - Yes use this! I know some are turned off by this flavor but it's really good.
Salt, Pepper, Dried Parsley, Dried Basil
TRY THESE OTHER SOUP RECIPES
- cheeseburger soup
- 7 can chicken taco soup
- creamy chicken noodle soup
- minestrone soup
- stuffed pepper soup
- hamburger minestrone soup
Tomato Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes (I always use Yukon Gold)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomaotes, undrained
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a soup pot, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic, and salt until no longer pink. Break up meat in crumbles as it cooks. Drain and return to the soup pot.
- Add chopped potatoes, beef broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and the seasonings. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid and reduce hear to medium-low. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to combine and the soup to become thicker.
- Leftovers can be put into freezer Ziploc bags. When needed, pull bag out of freezer and defrost in microwave. Heat on stove top or in microwave.