Cheeseburger Biscuit Cups are a kid-approved and family favorite dinner with refrigerated biscuits topped with Velveeta cheese and ground beef cheeseburger mixture! Simple ingredients, easy to prepare, and it's a 30 minute dinner.
CHEESEBURGER BISCUIT CUPS
These cheeseburger biscuit cups have been one of my family's favorite dinner recipes for several years now. They are made in a muffin pan and it's a fun dinner because you can eat with your hands!
It starts with a buttery and flakey biscuit base, then filled with cubes of Velveeta cheese, and a good amount of an easy cheeseburger mixture made with ground beef and a few other ingredients.
It's also a 30 minute dinner recipe and they are so easy to make. Perfect for busy school weekdays or a quick dinner on the weekend. Be sure and also try my cheeseburger casserole, cheeseburger tater tot casserole, and this cheeseburger soup.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER BISCUIT CUPS
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a pan until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together to combine and let it simmer on LOW heat while you prepare the biscuit cups.
- Press out 1 biscuit into each muffin cup. You will have 10 biscuits total so there will be two spots that will be empty.
- Place 2 Velveeta cheese cubes into each biscuit cup. Top with a large scoop of the cheeseburger beef mixture. Finish off with 2 more Velveeta cheese cubes.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAKING THIS EASY DINNER RECIPE
Do I need to use Velveeta cheese in this recipe?
- No you don't have to but I will say that they taste much better with the Velveeta cheese. It's only a little bit in each biscuit cup. Velveeta cheese melts so smooth and it gives these cheeseburger biscuit cups that "cheesy cheeseburger" taste.
- If you must, feel free to use small cubed cheddar cheese instead. It won't melt as nicely and smooth as the Velveeta cheese. As long as you can deal with that then go ahead and substitute the Velveeta cheese in this recipe.
Should I use the Grands! biscuits in this recipe?
- The recipe specifically calls for regular biscuits. You will see some in the store that say 'grands!' on the label and you don't want those. They work but it makes the muffin cup really puffy and big and just harder to eat.
- You want the 6 oz biscuits that contain 5 biscuits each. You need two of them for the recipe so you will end up with 10 biscuits total.
What do I serve with cheeseburger biscuit cups?
- We just love to make these hand food! No fork needed.
- I usually serve these with sliced watermelon and a bagged green salad with some added chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in it. Super easy and it can really be served with anything.
TRY THESE OTHER EASY GROUND BEEF DINNER RECIPES
BBQ Beef Pasta Skillet - A one pot skillet dinner with ground beef, bbq sauce, and noodles that all cook in the same pot.
One Pot Taco Pasta - One pot dinner recipe with taco seasoned ground beef and pasta. We love this topped with sour cream, cheese, and tomatoes.
Beef Taquito Casserole - Enchilada rice topped with frozen beef taquitos that get so crispy in the oven.
Ground Beef Stew - Easy stew with ground beef that cooks in the slow cooker all day.
Taco Biscuit Bake - Easy ground beef taco casserole that uses biscuits in it.
Cheeseburger Biscuit Cups
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tubes (6 oz each) refrigerated biscuits
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese cubed small
- Heat oven to 400°. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan and spray 10 of the muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Turn heat to LOW and let it simmer while you prepare the muffin cups.
- Take one biscuit and smush it out to make a large, flat circle shape. I use my hands for this (it's easiest) but you could also use a rolling pin. Press it into a muffin cup. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Place 2 cubes of Velveeta cheese into each biscuit cup. Top with a large scoop of the cheeseburger mixture (fill to the top of the biscuit) and then place 2 more Velveeta cheese cubes on top of each biscuit cup.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until biscuit cups are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Let cool for anout 5 minutes in the muffin pan and then serve.